Highlighted
ashtonjean
1 Nickel

Dell Optiplex 760 Bootup screen saids "Belongs to HCPHES"

I bought a Dell Optiplex 760 today, the bootup screen saids "Belongs to HCPHES", can you help me remove that thing from the Dell bootscreen?

OFF-TOPIC NOTE:My Optiplex 760 Minitower is not my main computer, my Dell Optiplex 760 Minitower is my secondary computer incase if something is wrong with my Optiplex 745, my Dell Optiplex 745 Minitower is my main computer.

Ashton Jean

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Dell Optiplex 760 Bootup screen saids "Belongs to HCPHES"

Used computer from 2009 still has the former owner's info. You could/should do a clean install of windows and make it your own. Or try this--

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/quick-tip-change-the-registered-owner-in-windows/

0 Kudos
ashtonjean
1 Nickel

@Mary G None of these help, besides, I sent you a private message with the image of a Dell Optiplex 760 bootup screen with the text saying "Belongs to "HCPHES".

Ashton Jean

0 Kudos
Mary G
5 Iridium

If you don't feel comfortable editing the Registry, just ignore the screen with the old owner name or company. It's harmless, just annoying. It's an old computer and you might expect other annoyances. 

0 Kudos
WM1000
1 Nickel

Does it say that on the Dell screen, or the Windows XP bootup screen.
0 Kudos
ashtonjean
1 Nickel

@WM1000 The Dell bootup screen.

Ashton Jean

0 Kudos

Hi Ashton,

Updating the BIOS should get rid of the splash screen you are seeing and replace it with the standard Dell one.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=7GK0W

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
ashtonjean
1 Nickel

I actually tried updating the BIOS on March 9th 2018, I actually still see the "Belongs to HCPHES" watermark in the Dell splash screen bootup.

Ashton Jean

0 Kudos
WM1000
1 Nickel

That "Belongs to HCPHES" stuff on the bootup screen is probably a custom logo, but try sending a photo for proof.

0 Kudos

If you can't remove it by flashing the BIOS then there is no practical way for you to get rid of it I'm afraid.

DELL-Alasdair R
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
I'm based in the UK and I'm usually available Monday to Friday 10am-5pm GMT (BST)
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos