Optiplex Desktops

Last reply by 04-03-2021 Solved
Start a Discussion

E520 tape mod

Hello all, I did not know where to put this issue of mine for a dell dimension e520 but I hope I will be able to get some help here. I have recently investigated a tape mod for the q6600 and would like to know if it would work on a system like the dell dimesnsion e520. I ask this as I am told the motherboard has a max fsb of 1066 and the mod takes the cpu to an fsb of 1333 which I am uncertain will work on the board, does this motherboard have any sort of support for a cpu overclocked like this? Should I try this mod or go for the more powerful q6700 at 2.66ghz compared to the overclocked q6600 speed of 3ghz. Thank you in advance.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

E520 P965 chipset does support Core 2 Quad chips, but does not officially support 1333MHz FSB chips.

Dell manual shows that bios has no cpu overclock feature.

View solution in original post

Replies (3)

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. To send us a private message, click our DELL-Cares username. Our Forum profile page will then appear. On the right, click "Send this user a private message".

E520 P965 chipset does support Core 2 Quad chips, but does not officially support 1333MHz FSB chips.

Dell manual shows that bios has no cpu overclock feature.

Thanks, I'll just find a q6700 instead

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor