Optiplex Desktops

Last reply by 06-19-2020 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Graphics Card

Hello, I have a Dell Optiplex 390 SFF that I would like to put a graphics card in, I will be upgrading to the Intel Core i5-2400 and have 8GB of RAM.

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
6 Indium

Graphic card and processor will work great together:

Intel Core i5-2400 (Clock speed at 90%) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Clock speed at 90%) x1 will produce only 1.16% of bottleneck. - PC Builds  Of course, you'll need the low profile version.

Optiplex 390 SFF + GTX 1050 ti + YouTube Search  There's 9010 & 9020 SFF's that came up in that list.  Physical dimensions and PSU watts are the same.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

View solution in original post

Reply (1)
6 Indium

Graphic card and processor will work great together:

Intel Core i5-2400 (Clock speed at 90%) with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Clock speed at 90%) x1 will produce only 1.16% of bottleneck. - PC Builds  Of course, you'll need the low profile version.

Optiplex 390 SFF + GTX 1050 ti + YouTube Search  There's 9010 & 9020 SFF's that came up in that list.  Physical dimensions and PSU watts are the same.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor