Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 15th, 2020 18:00

Graphics card upgrades

I own an Optiplex 760 ms. I just upgraded the ram works fine no problems. Now i would like to upgrade my Graphics card, but i have no idea what is compatible with my system. I would like to know the best Graphics card to buy and install.

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

February 13th, 2020 18:00

GT 1030 GDDR5 low profile, brand names vary.  It's only 30 watts and regularly comes recommended by one of our Rockstars for various Optiplex's.

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

January 18th, 2020 17:00

"MS" isn't one of the sizes and typically stands for Microsoft in this forum.  Do you have an MT, DT, SFF, or USFF?

MODELS.png

4 Posts

February 13th, 2020 18:00

ssf is the one I own

2.5K Posts

February 14th, 2020 06:00

no reason given for the GPU upgrade, why?

you can buy the old cards on fleabay for $8 ,same as stated above, back then, used. but are bad. for w10

our buy the expensive 1030, you cash, but not telling USAGE means , no real answers of VALUE.

but those are no good for windows 10, are you on w10?

off the ATI web site they tell you this and up work w10 not 4000

MD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics

nvida supports any card series 7 up,  like Gt710 up. and seen on amd.com web site all that.

for example if you said any of these I might tell you what works.

I NEED:

• DP port to match my new monitor, or HDMI for my TV .
  • I need more FPS on game X. (what is X)>??
  • I need more Vram on the card to do video rendering. edits.
  • I need more textures,
  • I'm doing BITT-COIN(sic) mining and need more CUDA cores..... (I hope nobody does this now)
  • I need a quieter fan. not 3 fans that scream.
  • or any of  the thing listed on the left side of  the page newegg.com  GPU,  (omg huge, look and decide)
  • OMG,#2, I have this lame BTX PC and the GPU card hits the fan cage, never buy BTX PC . like YOURS\\

open LID, and gander here,  see why x16 + BTX PC stink?  sure you can. it must not hit the fan cage!

Note how the lame BTX puts the GPU card in UPSIDE down  and the cards HS or  fan can hit things.

rear is on the right,see all this backwards stuff?

ouch gpu hitsouch gpu hits

2.5K Posts

February 14th, 2020 06:00

SFF PC.  small form factor

I want to upgrade GPU card but no card told now, what card do you have there now

to upgrade, what card is there now.?

GPU upgrades. my list posted vast times.

• has to fit, answer low  profile 79mm high card, fit, no others.
  • not overload the weak PCI-express x16 slot seen on some SFF,. (IDK what yours is, dell docs are weak)
  • must not overload the PSU. yours is 235watts,  5,16,17amps, (3v,5v,12vdc rails respective) and not standard

That is about it, the 960 guide fails to show super low limits in x16 slot, so........ who knows that, ever

960sff.JPG

6 Professor

• 

7.3K Posts

May 27th, 2020 18:00

@Drex_4ever,

Could you start a new thread?  Otherwise, this one wlll be all over the place.  And could you please note what CPU you have?

Thanks

Mine SFF... 780

I'd like to ask ,mine is optiplex 780, what graphics card can use to my pcie slot for upgrade???pls send me your best ideas, thanks.

No Events found!