Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

6 Posts

November 10th, 2019 13:00

No Primary Video option in bios.

Hello just bought a GT 1030 for my Small Form Factor Dell Optiplex 3010 and installed it and I am not getting any display from it at all even no dell thing at the start. Went and updated the bios and it’s still no different. Also can’t find an option for Primary Video so I think that’s the problem is there any way I can get this setting and change it?

2.5K Posts

November 11th, 2019 09:00

we cant not know what you had before the 1030 (nothing but iGPU , in the CPU ) or some other card.

here is the correct way.

• remove old driver first, if a PCIe card for sure, in DM device manager.
  • then get the PC 100% dead power, per this, stop at step 6
  • now remove old GPU card, if there, remove it. if not there, put the 1030 in now, keep one hand grounded to metal (ESD awarness matters)
  • then put all power back to PC. 
  • move the video cable to new port the old port will be dead if iGPU
  • push the power button. schesam... bingo video is good, some Dells have bios (auto,igpu,pci-gpu)
  • if you  PC has no such BIOS selections that means its in AUTO FOREVER.
  • if it still fails reset the bios. in BIOS screens, to factory defaults and PXE off if present and boot order as you want.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

Please don't take this the wrong way as I am not trying to be offensive, but you did move the video cable from the onboard video connector to the video card?

2.5K Posts

not true some of that., the 1030 is 20 or 30 watts one of the best cards on earth infact of low power.

The 3 choices seen on other dells is only for booting faster so the bios does not need to hunt down the video chip each boot,.   Auto does that. but is for sure just as good.

and yes, if auto finds 1030 the Igpu is disabled 100%

also bios and windows does not use 30 watts just to run a desktop.

more like 5 watts. so watts is not it. for  sure this card !

2d use very very low watts, and BIOS screens dead is not a power issues with any  1030,  

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

Installing a separate video card in win 10 automatically disables the integrated video. Primary video selection is for using dual monitors and can be changed in Display Settings in Win 10. Your problem is most likely insufficient power for a video card that recommends a minimum 300w power supply. You have only 240w. That card works on the desktop and MT version since it has been recommended on this forum. Those models have a better rated psu just below 300w

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_optiplex_desktop/optiplex-3010_setup%20guide_en-us.pdf

2.5K Posts

November 11th, 2019 10:00

now answering a 2nd way,  there are 2 paths here and few fact inputted. 1030 is not enough.

1030 means nothing there are 12 makers GPU and up to 10versions of 1030.  (and versions of card firmware)

why not tell real name of  card. SKU. make and models matter, for SURE.

then tell how old it  is,  (new from top seller or just new from fleabay or just new to you) age matters.

as we all know some MSI cards fail for GOP support UEFI.  due to some dells flat dont allow GOP.

GOP replaces old VBIOS rom Int15, called legacy ROM and if a GOP only card many old PC go dead with it.

the clue is BIOS f2 screens dead.  (i have 20 GPU cards in box here) if i pop in a 2007 card and it works what does that tell me, the 1030 card you bought is GOP only.(or defective card )or you HOT SWAPPED CARDS. bad, never do that, (always gain zero power inside PC first. AC line pulled and hit powerbutton 3 times until all fans stop TWITCHING and WIN.

the optiplex 3010  is old, and  has 1/2 baked, UEFI v. 2.6?  and bad GOP on some.

my 3020 runs anything Ive tried, 20 cards. here are some bench users 6,111+ using vast cards same PC<  very good even 1080s  vast cards work but not all, some with BAD GOP do NOT. (YMMV ,your module may vary)

did you remove a card first, unstated,

luck would be good if BIOS new fixes this did you do that first/.?

when upgrading RAM or CPU or GPU always get newest BIOS, or things can be hard.

but wait no statement yet what GPU you had before the change, were all PCI- slots empty or NOT?  I cant see you do the work so, must be stated.

3010 (SFF?)  7 years old today,

MT, DT, SFF, USFF, All-in-one

6 Posts

November 12th, 2019 00:00

There was no gpu before this one and I’ve even tried deleting and disabling intergrated graphics to see if they were interfering with the gpu.

6 Posts

The gpu is a ASUS GT 1030 Low profile no fan model. There was no gpu in the pc before hand. Had fully turned off the pc by the wall and unplugged power cable before installing the gpu and removing it multiple times, updated bios and didn’t help at all, power supply shouldn’t be a problem as the motherboard supplies 50w maximum to the pcie lane and the gt 1030 low profile only needs 30w.

6 Posts

It is also a used gpu.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 12th, 2019 14:00

Could be defective or worse Fake card.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 12th, 2019 17:00

I agree with speedstep and my point about the integrated video connection was that connected to that output, you would have seen nothing at all. Sometimes the simple explanation is correct...never overlook the obvious.

If the card was used, is there any chance you can try it in another system such as a friends?

6 Posts

November 13th, 2019 15:00

Doesn’t seem to be a fake card but due to the packaging and being in posted i am thinking it is defective. Have already contacted seller about it. Will try in my main computer soon...

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 13th, 2019 17:00

There are ZERO issues with pascal based cards in most dells from 2006 to today.

Packaging and Posting of fake stuff happens all the time on ebay and amazon etc.  The GPU chip number is usually the giveaway proving fake bios and gpu.  Fake feedback and review is rife when you can buy 10,000 satisfied customers for $200.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMCDuDSsRts

Be very wary if they ask you to wait for back order because they are trying to get past 30 days so that you cannot reject a credit card purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y32mBdZHJY

Newer DELL models with UEFI will require SECURE BOOT OFF for non dell video cards. The link below is nvidia but this applies to ATI as well.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9b0TkTsLM

6 Posts

November 16th, 2019 03:00

I have made a dispute on PayPal and the buyer is telling me on the app sphock that they have been in touch with PayPal and I have till the 30th this month to post it back?! What do I do I’ve gotten nothing from PayPal yet and the buyers telling me they have 25 deducted and I need to send it back!!! Should I post it if so should I pay for tracked ??

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 17th, 2019 06:00

Cancel the order. Send the fake card back. File fraud alert with paypal.

Do not send anything back without insurance and required signature and ONLY with RMA authorized from the vendor.

They need to acknowledge DOA card and provide RMA and Refund Email.

If you used credit card dispute the charge immediately.

No Events found!