Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

4 Posts

December 8th, 2018 08:00

OS Recovery won't finish burning

I need to replace the hard drive in an Optiplex 9020 that came with Windows 8.1. When I try to create the recovery USB key, the process of burning to the key stalls at 1 second left. It looks like everything is on the key. If I stop the process and try installation from that key, Windows install starts, but then tells me there is a media driver missing. I've tried installing to 2 different USB keys, including a 32gb size, and get the same result. Ideas?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 8th, 2018 11:00

Buy a non fake usb key that is known to work. And make sure you are using USB 2.0 NOT 3.0 ports.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Frustration-Free-Packaging-SDCZ50-016G-AFFP/dp/B007KFAFZ8

Be aware of sellers offering fake USB flash drives for sale. If you come across a seller please report them immediately and if you buy one make a case against them. Don't fall for their attempts to bribe you not to leave negative feedback against them by offering you a refund or other tactics. You will get refunded regardless of what they say, it is against eBay policy to sell fake or fraudulent items. I had dealings with one guy who tried everything in his power to get me to revise my feedback and i did not budge nor did i allow him to pretend he didn't know what he was doing. They will attempt to pretend like it was a defective item when in fact it is just fake. He removed the item from his listing in a attempt not to get caught only to relist it 2 weeks later. he is a sleaze who attempts to be a legit person by writing all apologetic and saying he is a family man who feeds his kids from his listing and he would never do such a thing blah blah blah but if so then why relist a item known to be fake . Please don't allow these CRIMINALS get away with this, most states of the USA  it is considered grand larceny to defraud for money over $1000 dollars and it only takes 50 people at min $20 a person to have them charged with a crime. Also its against federal law to use the mail system as a way to commit fraud and by them shipping the item they are committing a federal crime as well. The problem is not many people are reporting this theft because these sellers often convince them not to. Don't fall victim to this fraud but rather be a vessel to expose it.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 8th, 2018 12:00

Maybe the Image on the old HDD is bad?

You can create a perfect one here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

No Events found!