Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

July 17th, 2018 23:00

Optiplex 3050 i5-7500, AMT/ME, vpro, MEBX available?

Hi guys! I am wondering if you could remote manage a Optiplex 3050 with a Intel AMT/ME vpro management tool. I checked the handbook and saw, that there is an option to set/activate the MEBX hotkey. So it might be possible to use a remote kvm tool. Could you please confirm if/if not the AMT would work? I am planning to get a bunch of Optiplex 3050 i5-7500T (vpro available) but have to check if they can be remotely managed. Thanks! Hermann

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 18th, 2018 06:00

AMT is an option and not all systems have it.

TPM and AMT are not allowed in Russia and China etc.

37 Posts

July 18th, 2018 06:00

Hi Hermann_,

From everything I have been able to read the 3050 only supports in-band management like Dell Client Command rather than out-of-band management stuff like AMT.

Thanks.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 18th, 2018 10:00

@Dell-MickM wrote:

Hi Hermann_,

From everything I have been able to read the 3050 only supports in-band management like Dell Client Command rather than out-of-band management stuff like AMT.

Thanks.

That's contrary to the documentation.  VPRO/AMT is available but not in all countries and it cannot be added after the fact aka you have to ORDER WITH THIS ENABLED.

https://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/shared-content/data-sheets/en/Documents/OptiPlex-3050-Towers-Technical-Specifications.pdf

http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/optiplex-3050-desktop.html

Discover professional class desktops at www.dell.com/OptiPlex
1. Offering and availability may vary by region.  Some items available after product introduction.  For complete details, refer to the Technical Guidebook published on http://www.dell.com.
2. System Memory and Graphics: Significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.

3. 4GB or Greater System Memory Capability: A 64-bit operating system is required to support 4GB or more of system memory.
4. Storage: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
5. PSU: This form factor utilizes a more efficient Active Power Factor Correction (APFC) power supply. Dell recommends only Universal Power Supplies (UPS) based on
Sine Wave output for APFC PSUs, not an approximation of a Sine Wave, Square Wave, or quasi-Square Wave (see UPS technical specifications).  If you have questions
please contact the manufacturer to confirm the output type.
6. TPM: Not available in all regions.
7. Absolute Data & Device Security (formerly Computrace)
: Not a Dell offer. Certain conditions apply. For full details, see terms and conditions at www.lojackforlaptops.com.
8. In-Band Systems Management - This option entirely removes Intel out of band systems (OOB) management features. The system can still support in band management.
OOB management support through AMT cannot be upgraded post-purchase.
9.Please refer to www.epeat.net for specific country registration rating and participation.
10.Limited Hardware Warranty: For copy of Ltd Hardware Warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or see www.dell.com/
warranty.
11.Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis: Remote Diagnosis is determination by online/phone technician of cause of issue; may involve customer access to inside of
system and multiple or extended sessions. If issue is covered by Limited Hardware W
arranty (www.dell.com/warranty) and not resolved remotely, technician and/or part
will be dispatched, usually within 1 business day following completion of Remote Diagnosis.
Availability varies. Other conditions apply.
12 Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit

http://www.dell.com/servicedescriptions

13. Particular versions of Microsoft Windows may not support the full Bluetooth 4.2 functionality

14. For a complete listing of declarations and certifications, refer to the Dell Regulatory and Environmental Datasheet found in the Manuals section of Product Support
information  http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19

Systems without INTEL AMT or if the control P MEBx  has been disabled is a one way trip.  This is not reversible.

* The No TLS option only applies to the following countries: China, France, Hong Kong, Israel, Korea, Poland, and Russia.

It is not possible to change the Manageability Mode when options 3 or 4 have been selected. 

No TLS *

310-9496

RU572

Short: TLS Encryption Disabled,OPTI 
Long: TLS Encryption Disabled, Dell OptiPlex 
Option Online: TLS Encryption Disabled 
MOD MOD,INFO,MGMT,TLS,DISABLE,OPTI

Updated Intel ME Firmware to address security advisories INTEL-SA-00086 (CVE-2017-5705, CVE-2017-5708, CVE-2017-5711 & CVE-2017-5712) & INTEL-SA-00101(CVE-2017-13077, CVE-2017-13078 & CVE-2017-13080)

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/DriversDetails?productCode=optiplex-3050-desktop&driverId=19Y3F

VPRO AMT OOBVPRO AMT OOB

37 Posts

July 19th, 2018 02:00

The 3050 can't be configured with out of band management on our internal sales tool, as well as not being mentioned in the internal technical documentation.

I also checked the 5050 which does have the Intel manageability options in both the sales tool and the technical documentation. The technical documentation actually specifically states that for the xx50 series it is only available on the 5050 and the 7050.

Thanks.

37 Posts

July 19th, 2018 04:00

Allow me to clarify, all Optiplex 5050s and 7050s (MT/SFF/MFF) can be configured with out of band management at point of sale.

Thanks.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 19th, 2018 04:00

"The 3050 can't be configured with out of band management on our internal sales tool, as well as not being mentioned in the internal technical documentation."

If you are a customer with Account manager It can be ordered.  If this is not the case the documentation on the sales site as well as SEWP and GSA 70 schedule etc should be updated to reflect that.

In either case its still not helpful if you say there is a model with this but you do not specify the part number or designation of these models.

1 Message

September 13th, 2022 00:00

The reason for this restriction on the 3050 is that it uses a slightly different motherboard chipset (vs 5050, 7050), and Intel only allows "vpro" features like AMT to be enabled if both the CPU and the motherboard chipset are on their list of "vpro" components. The 3050's B250 chipset isn't "vpro eligible".

It's usually possible to enable AMT (and also enable individual AMT features) on Dell systems which have had this disabled at the factory using Intel-supplied tools (e.g. I needed to do this a couple of years ago on a 5040 which was stickered "3 ME Disabled"), but in the case of the 3050 this does not work - the MEBX UI immediately exits when it detects that it is running on a non-vpro chipset.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

March 5th, 2023 21:00

Can you provide any details on how to do with with Intel tools and where to get them?

I have a 7090 that's vpro eligible but appears to be factory disabled.

No Events found!