Highlighted
2 Bronze

Optiplex 380, CPU upgrade

I have Dell 380optiplex Desktop with core2duo.I just want to upgrde a little by replacing the prcssr with Athlon 200ge VEGA3.I don't know much about CPUs so there is one prcssr with clip which i can change And there is another like processor permanently fixed by INTEL.Can i change to AMD while one thing is INTEL?
And how to know my PC wattage?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Re: Processor Upgrade

Hello S0ULZ_X,

The OptiPlex 380 has an LGA 775 socket while the Athlon 200ge uses an AM4 socket. They are 2 different socket types and are not compatible with each other. Below is a list of processors that have been tested with the OptiPlex 380.

Intel® Core2 Duo processor
Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor
Intel® Pentium Dual-Core processor
Intel® Celeron Dual-Core processor
Intel® Celeron processor

Should you require any further details, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

DELL-Siba P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

The max processor for the 380 is Intel® Core™2 Quad Q9650 95w.  95w is when it's under a heavy load.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is mainly user to user with occasional moderation or additional knowledge by a Rockstar or Dell employee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

how can i buy am4 socket motherboard? and will it fit?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding this query you can reach out to our sales team who will assist you in purchasing and also suggest you the Motherboard that is compatible for your system model.

Kindly private message the country you are in so that we can provide you the contact details whom you can contact.

Thanks and regards,

DELL-Kiran R

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos