Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

May 7th, 2018 17:00

Optiplex 7010 SFF, onboard DP not working?

Hello dear fellow forum members,

I am not too much of a newbie when it comes to computers, so when I realized my DP are not working on the Optiplex 7010 SFF. The first thing I did is install / updated the HD Intel integrated graphics adapter. It certainly took the update, I restarted, still nothing. The onboard VGA works, but the DP simply do not, even if I restart with the monitors plugged in. I tried different cables, etc., still cannot figure it out. Is it possible the integrated display ports are disabled in BIOS somewhere? 

PS. Up until now, I have used a PCI Express expansion card for dual monitors, this one suddenly stopped working, so I removed it to try the dual monitor setup with 1xVGA and 1xDP. However, even if I do DP alone, the monitor does not receive any signal. So basically, it seems they are either turned off or not working. Did you ever hear of them going bad? I mean it is highly unlikely as is. Plus with me having the same issue on two desktops, there must be a setting somewhere, it seems.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Aleksey

(Optiplex 7010 SFF) 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 8th, 2018 06:00

Test this...

* Turn the Optiplex 7010 SFF and all monitors off
* Disconnect all monitor cabling from the Optiplex 7010 SFF
* Connect one monitor to the Optiplex 7010 SFF onboard VGA out port
* Turn the monitor on, then the Optiplex 7010 SFF
* Press F2 to enter the BIOS
* Go to Video
* Check Enable Multi-Display
* Exit the BIOS saving change
* Once back into Windows, turn the Optiplex 7010 SFF off
* Connect a second monitor to the Optiplex 7010 SFF DP out port
* Turn the second monitor on, then the Optiplex 7010 SFF

What happens? Does the second DP monitor appear in Windows?

1 Message

October 2nd, 2019 10:00

Same issue, but when I go to VIDEO, there is no multidisplay option

1 Message

January 16th, 2020 13:00

Any solution ?

Have the same problem

2.5K Posts

January 17th, 2020 06:00

"The onboard VGA works, but the DP simply do not"

when posting about DP or VGA, always say what is in the PCI-e slots NOW.

you did not.

2.5K Posts

January 17th, 2020 06:00

why not first tell all you have there

it must be 2 DP monitors, right? 

my guess is you have an old VGA only monitor there, none stated and windows 10 64bit?

do not connect 1 monitor iGPU port then other to PCI-e card GPU ports. (crossed over)

use the card only

or not, only,.

in BIOS click video see AUTO there,  and is default. and when you put the card in the iGPU goes off line.

2.5K Posts

January 17th, 2020 07:00

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

January 17th, 2020 07:00

Onboard DP or any other ports on CARD will not work if the INTEL Display driver/Radeon Driver is not installed.  Radeon Drivers are also now legacy so they must be manually installed for HD2000 to HD8000 Series.  Chipset drivers are no longer optional.

The Microsoft VGA driver does not support multi display.

All of the drivers are in a single cab file.

You download the cab and move to the my documents folder.

You then extract the contents of the cab file in the my documents folder using 7zip.

Then you right click any yellow ! in device manager and say INSTALL From my computer instead of from the internet.

Category DeviceDescription Support Release Info Driver Pack Release Info

Audio Realtek ALC269 High-De finition Audio Driver ReleaseID:
594D4
DellVersion: A14
VendorVersion: 6.0.1.5985
ReleaseID:
594D4
DellVersion: A14
VendorVersion: 6.0.1.5985
Chipset Intel Chipset Driver ReleaseID:
CPNKY
DellVersion: A00
VendorVersion: 9.3.0.1019
ReleaseID:
CPNKY
VendorVersion: 9.3.0.1019
Chipset Intel USB 3.0 eXtensib le Host Controller Dri ver ReleaseID:
FJ3FJ
DellVersion: A03
VendorVersion: 1.0.6.245
ReleaseID:
FJ3FJ
DellVersion: A03
VendorVersion: 1.0.6.245
Chipset Intel(R) Management En gine Components Instal ler Driver ReleaseID:
GJVHD
DellVersion: A02
VendorVersion: 9.5.15.1730
ReleaseID:
GJVHD
DellVersion: A02
VendorVersion: 9.5.15.1730
Communication Sunix Serial/Parallel Card Driver ReleaseID:
KHW7P
VendorVersion: 8.1.1.0
ReleaseID:
KHW7P
VendorVersion: 8.1.1.0
Dell Data Protection Dell Data Protection | Hardware Crypto Accel erator (Network and Co mputing Encryption/Dec ryption Controller) De vice Driver ReleaseID:
GYV2D
DellVersion: A01
VendorVersion: V2.0.0.81
ReleaseID:

DellVersion:
VendorVersion:
Dell Data Protection Dell Data Protection|E ncryption v8.5 ReleaseID:
9NMJ4
DellVersion: A11
VendorVersion: 8.5.0.987
ReleaseID:
948DT
DellVersion: A09
VendorVersion: v8.4.0
Input Dell Smartcard USB Key board Driver ReleaseID:
CCHT0
VendorVersion: 1.0
ReleaseID:
CCHT0
VendorVersion: 1.0
Network Intel 825xx 10/100/100 0 Ethernet Controller Driver ReleaseID:
NNGMH
DellVersion: A08
VendorVersion: 18.1.0.0
ReleaseID:
NNGMH
DellVersion: A08
VendorVersion: 18.1.0.0
Network Broadcom 57XX/BACS Com bined Package Driver ReleaseID:
7R4RM
VendorVersion: 17.4.2
ReleaseID:
7R4RM
VendorVersion: 17.4.2
Network Dell Wireless WLAN 153 0 Half MiniCard Driver ReleaseID:
V51J3
VendorVersion: X00
ReleaseID:
V51J3
VendorVersion: X00
Security Encryption ST Microelectronics De vice Driver ReleaseID:
MRJ0H
VendorVersion: v2.0.0.38
ReleaseID:

DellVersion:
VendorVersion:
Storage Intel Rapid Storage Te chnology F6 Driver ReleaseID:
H79NK
VendorVersion: 11.2.0.1006
ReleaseID:
H79NK
VendorVersion: 11.2.0.1006
Video Intel HD, HD 2000/2500 /3000/4000 Graphics Dr iver (except Latitude XT3 tablet) ReleaseID:
W74GJ
DellVersion: A15
VendorVersion: 9.17.10.3517
ReleaseID:
XGPWM
DellVersion: A12
VendorVersion: 9.17.10.3040
Video AMD Radeon HD7470/7570 /6670 Graphics Driver ReleaseID:
HCTV5
VendorVersion: 8.922.0
ReleaseID:
HCTV5
VendorVersion: 8.922.0

1 Message

February 13th, 2020 08:00

Hello  I have 2 7010s one is connected to two monitors through the displayport and the other was connected via vga I recently swapped out the vga for a DP and it will show the dell boot screen then nothing if I turn the monitor off and on it then will show my login screen. I also disconnected the DP and put the vga back in and no problems. But if both displayports are connected  the monitors will not go to power save mode.  I am only using the on board integrated graphics card with the Intel HD graphics turned on. I get the same result if it is set to auto or if it is enabled. So clearly there is something not configured right with the DPs on the 7010. 

2.5K Posts

February 13th, 2020 10:00

also look in the device manager.

see if you see,  MBDA in the display driver, that is LIMP driver from MS, or not updating the driver, in windows.

if you see that, it ,means some or many graphics  features will be dead, like SLEEP and high resolutions and shaders.

LIMP means (base line lame driver but screen is snot DEAD and why it exists)

yes GEN3 iGPU are a pain some times. (split hardware there)!!!

monitors all ages, have many sleep modes even more are Deep sleep turn that off in BIOS if seen.

Monitors sleep 2 ways, mostly now,  video lines go dead, it sleeps, or if the monitors edid chip sees the sleep command from the GPU port, it goes to sleep. (that is 2 decade answer can go back to day1, me)

Old monitors 2000 to 2007 may have inside monitor sleep that you DO NOT HAVE< now. this is legacy.

your monitor  only goes to sleep (power saver ) when told to by the GPU port and no other way. !

This is why we have dummy DP , dongles on head headed PCs, so the GPU card does not go off line.

off line kills dead remote access (anydesk(tm) is mine) see that, see how it works backwards too

learn that if you turn off a monitor the GPU card (or port) can go dead, this is decided by the GPU chip driver makers not me..  (I some gpu cards here that do that, others if it sees the VGA or DVI RGB terminators missing (cable missing hint hint)the Card goes OFFLINE, too. not all cards just some, CARDS means PCI-e. x16

What iGPU does ive no idea at all , i never use it, I have vast GPU cards here, in my kits, ready to  go to work at need.

but ID DO call BAD DRIVERS HERE. seems a wise cause.

when posting do not talk about 2 PCs at the same time, very very confusing that, me blind.

But is ok to say both do it sure, but mixing symptoms on 2 PCs same post is WOW.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

Onboard video only supports 1 monitor unless the INTEL VIDEO Driver is installed and working.

If there is a video card in a slot only that is supported.

Using onboard and video card is not supported.

2.5K Posts

"I am only using the on board integrated graphics card"

there is no such thing as an onboard GPU card,   A card is not onboard it's ON (in) the PCI-express x16 slot

why not first tell what  on your X16 slot, PCI-express, HAS there, inserted there.

onboard means iGPU, as in intels,  integrated CPU +IGPU chip,   + Q77 FDI ports.  2 chips GEN3 CPU.

I

the igpu wires to the mobo rear edge for the mobo,  and is not part of any CARD in any X16 slot

that is why I asked you for a photo of your rear of  your PC, so I CAN SEE WHAT IS ACTUALLY connected.

the power save mode is called sleep, if the GPU port does not to to sleep (bad drivers) the monitor will never sleep,.  the monitor is a SLAVE to the PCU port only.. (but you can switch ports in any monitor with 2 or more)sff.JPG

see this?

do you have anything on the right here?  on your SFF,   at the x16 location?, all I CAN DO IS BEG ,

I can not see what you have ever, lacking photos by you. Seeing is Believing.

My PC has 4 DP ports, 2 left and 2 in X16, the 2 on the left are dead, due to the CARD X16 present,

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT and WHY?

my wild guess is NO X16 card present, and is all intel drivers for the iGPU failing , if yes use device manager

and do the MS, update drivers for iGPU,  connected to the internet and update the driver view MS pnp servers.

do that yet? 

Now the Tech inside, GEN3 CPU are not fully  iGPU integrated until GEN4. CPU.

the CPU is maybe Core i5 3470 (gen3) and drivers at MS work on any GEN3, CPU

intel HD Graphics 2500 is it and Dell and MS driver are best, not intel , (intel tells you that in fact)

the Dell driver is A20 version  sept 2019 released.

applies to (dell)

ntel HD Graphics 2000/2500/3000/4000
Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000
Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000/4000
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Intel HD, HD 2000/2500/3000/4000
Intel HD, HD Graphics 2000/2500/3000/4000

to make the iGPU work,know that it in GEN3, is 2 halvesHW) the CPU-igpu then via FDI to the Q77 (2012 tech)
the Q77 runs both DP ports (mobo edge) and 1 VGA,  it has 3 ports, 

CPU >>>FDI >?>>> G77 >>> DP x2 and VGA,  this is the hardware path that must play as one.
that means the Dell driver for CPU and the Q77 must be good and matching, or it can fail.
the next generation #4  of CPU has all iGPU logic inside the CPU all in one. eg i7-4xxx gen 4.

now all you need to know is what is the best driver FOR Q77, my guess is the MS driver, but I am not sure.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 14th, 2020 18:00

Quadro P400 does support multiple displays but when this card is installed you cannot use onboard.

1 Message

October 31st, 2021 06:00

I found out, that there is something to do with HDMI monitor respond type to DP. By connecting directly to monitor, DP not worked not either as single and not second monitor! But - if I connected to DP DP2HDMI + HDMI2VGA converter - DP worked! Maybe all the people connected DP output to HDMI input?

No Events found!