JimJay40
2 Bronze

Re: Optiplex 7080 MT front universal audio jack not detecting mic

Not working on mine also.  MaxxAudio Pro made no difference  

0 Kudos
bradthetechnut
5 Rhenium

Sorry to hear that and thanks for letting us know.  Have you tried the Contact Support link?

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

0 Kudos
bradthetechnut
5 Rhenium

Click on Sound/speaker icon in Control Panel.  Does it show both headphones and headset icons?  Click on headset icon if it's the headphone icon that's check marked.  Win10 chooses headphones by default.

- Please kudos posts you like!
- Please "Accept as Solution" posts that are a solution.
- If you have an Optiplex, stating its model number AND size speeds up troubleshooting. Components vary.

Code of Conduct
TechSupport YouTube

I'm a big fan of Dell, a Dell user, and not an employee. This forum is user to user with occasional assistance by other Rockstars or Dell employees.

0 Kudos
sul3sul
2 Bronze

Guys, anyone who is facing this issue with OptiPlex 7080 MT, you just need to install "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver" then install "Waves MaxxAudio Pro Application",

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver: https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER07042991M/2/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_KKYCX_WIN_6.0.9116.1_A08....

Waves MaxxAudio Pro Application: https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER06009135M/4/Waves-MaxxAudio-Pro-Application_M96FF_WIN64_3.0.30.0_A02_01.EX...

Both are on OptiPlex 7080 XE Micro Form Factor support page but the "Waves MaxxAudio Pro Application" has not been added to OptiPlex 7080 support page !

Hope this helps

Guys at DELL, please add this missing app to the OptiPlex 7080 support page to fix this issue that long time ago users of this model have been experiencing.

0 Kudos