Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

6 Posts

October 26th, 2020 11:00

bracket and screws for Dell Optiplex 5080 Tower

Hello, I bought the Dell Optiplex 5080 Tower computer, configured with a 256gb ssd. When I opened the computer I saw that the plastic bracket to put in the 2.5-inch hard drive (visible on page 24 of the service manual) was missing and also the 4 # 6-32 screws to connect the hard drive to 3.5 inches (visible on page 25 of the service manual).
I would like to know from where you can buy the 2.5 inch hard drive bracket and # 6-32 screws for the 3.5 inch hard drive, these products are not available on the site.
What model is the bracket, I saw that it is a bracket where you can put two 2.5 inch hard drives inside, it is shameful that Dell ships these computers without a plastic bracket and 4 screws for one hard drive. I will never buy a Dell computer again.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 26th, 2020 11:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

November 9th, 2020 03:00

Hello, I have the same question:

Where to buy bracket and screws for Dell Optiplex 5080 Tower
I would need the plastic bracket to connect the 2.5 inch hard drives and also the 4 # 6-32 screws to connect the 3.5 inch hard drive for the Dell Optiplex 5080 Tower computer

Tag-Nr.: FCN1203

Mail: P.Stieda (at) EMM.de
Thanks a lot and BPR from Germany, Peter.

• 

25.1K Posts

November 9th, 2020 04:00

HI,

Prajwal here from Dell community.

I understand that you are looking out for plastic bracket and screws for 2.5 inch and 3.5 inch hard drives.

You can contact our parts and sales team from the number below to have the same purchased.

You can contact them from the number below :

0800 201 3355

Regards,

Prajwal

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

November 9th, 2020 06:00

Ask @DELL-Chris M 

what the part numbers are for the 5080 MT drive bracket and caddy.

GHPC2 : MOD,CHAS,260W,MTE,5080,BRZ

9M9FK

DVD+/-RW,8X,9.5T,GU90N,HLDS

November 17th, 2020 04:00

please reply to my mail-address too, thank you.

November 17th, 2020 04:00

in Germany?

Do you have any contact information for Germany?

BPR, Peter Stieda.

1 Message

February 5th, 2021 02:00

Unfortunately i just had the same "experience" and cannot believe to my eye....

After had 4 dell Optiplex SFF I was socked to see that those parts are missing

I mean 4 screws........ how much cost left 4 screws in a case and a caddy which is just plastic????

On top  of this I'm been spending all morning to try to find out if the Desktop is been made this way or not but all the technical support sale and etc seems don't know the answer...

2 years a go i had to spend a week on the phone for manage to order a optional display port for the 5060

I hope at least from here someone will get back to me ( ps I wrote already few email ...)

2 Posts

March 19th, 2021 17:00

Hi All,

I too find myself in this situation.  Has anyone been able to identify a part number for the "four (#6-32) grommet screws" required to mount a 3.5" hdd in the new Optiplex 5080 MT chassis?

Yes, I know one can find approximate solutions on Amazon (i.e. grommet screws that look similar but not exact) but I'd really prefer to have the actual Dell part in this instance.

In the event that it might be helpful to someone else, I did find the drive bracket required to mount a 2.5" drive (hdd or ssd) in the 5080 MT. I don't have a part number but this is the part description:

ASSY,BRKT,HD,2.5,CADDY,5080,MT

The cost is $2.50.

Unfortunately, for me, I need the 3.5" solution (i.e. the mounting screws).

I don't object to Dell not including miscellaneous parts associated with components that were not selected in the original purchase configuration.

What I do find really, really frustrating is how difficult it is to identify a needed part (post-sale) and then purchase that part from Dell. The process really shouldn't be this difficult and time-consuming.

Thank you in advance for your help.

9 Posts

May 3rd, 2021 19:00

Screw, Head Head, 6-32X1/4", Zinc Plated Steel, Thread Forming Tri-State-PointSCR,6-32X1/4",HX,TF,ZPS,TRI-PT

9 Posts

May 5th, 2021 09:00

I bought the "Akust Rubber Anti-Vibration Grommet Ring with #6-32 Screw 16 PCS" from amazon and they kinda worked.  I had to put the grommets on the case, then screw in the screws.

These ones are smaller and would probably work well "Akust Rubber Anti-Vibration Grommet Ring with #6-32 Screw (16PCS, Blue)"

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 5th, 2021 10:00

From your pictures I would say they definitely worked.

9 Posts

May 5th, 2021 15:00

I suspect that PC built list doesn't show those screws and that they are part of the 3.5" hard drive sub-assembly part number.  

9 Posts

May 12th, 2021 10:00

I bought the blue ones off amazon, and they fit better and were easier to install.  I think the black ones probably did a better job, even though they were harder to install.

June 4th, 2021 07:00

I have exactly the same case. Spent a lot of time on support line, trying to understand them that this is a technical question. Support staff told me that it is presale and they not allowed to do commercial things. They are sure that as I want to upgrade my Optiplex 5080MT, then it is presale. Period. I never had such kind of support from well known brend. Do they really want to pay their staff for such kind of spending time? Is it so difficult to give clear information about spare parts? Unbelievable.  Still have no luck with these parts. I will try Amazon or Aliexpress instead of Dell.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 4th, 2021 08:00

Get them to send an email with the pre sale wording.

That way when you escalate you can show the wording to management that they are not helping post sale.

I went with the black ones due to larger grommet so it wont fall out if bounced during shipping.

YMMV

Blue Grommet Screws
https://www.amazon.com/Akust-Hard-Drive-Vibration-Screw/dp/B010D13AFC

Black Grommet Screws
Akust Rubber Anti-Vibration Grommet Ring with #6-32 Screw 16 PCS
Brand: ZUO XI UTOPB
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BXQSC8G/

Black ScrewsBlack ScrewsBlue ScrewsBlue Screws

No Events found!