czj624
2 Bronze

Re: bracket and screws for Dell Optiplex 5080 Tower

I bought the "Akust Rubber Anti-Vibration Grommet Ring with #6-32 Screw 16 PCS" from amazon and they kinda worked.  I had to put the grommets on the case, then screw in the screws.

These ones are smaller and would probably work well "Akust Rubber Anti-Vibration Grommet Ring with #6-32 Screw (16PCS, Blue)"

speedstep
8 Krypton

From your pictures I would say they definitely worked.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
czj624
2 Bronze

I suspect that PC built list doesn't show those screws and that they are part of the 3.5" hard drive sub-assembly part number.  

0 Kudos
czj624
2 Bronze

I bought the blue ones off amazon, and they fit better and were easier to install.  I think the black ones probably did a better job, even though they were harder to install.

0 Kudos
Victor Makarov
2 Bronze

I have exactly the same case. Spent a lot of time on support line, trying to understand them that this is a technical question. Support staff told me that it is presale and they not allowed to do commercial things. They are sure that as I want to upgrade my Optiplex 5080MT, then it is presale. Period. I never had such kind of support from well known brend. Do they really want to pay their staff for such kind of spending time? Is it so difficult to give clear information about spare parts? Unbelievable.  Still have no luck with these parts. I will try Amazon or Aliexpress instead of Dell.

0 Kudos
speedstep
8 Krypton

Get them to send an email with the pre sale wording.

That way when you escalate you can show the wording to management that they are not helping post sale.

I went with the black ones due to larger grommet so it wont fall out if bounced during shipping.

YMMV

Blue Grommet Screws
https://www.amazon.com/Akust-Hard-Drive-Vibration-Screw/dp/B010D13AFC

Black Grommet Screws
Akust Rubber Anti-Vibration Grommet Ring with #6-32 Screw 16 PCS
Brand: ZUO XI UTOPB
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BXQSC8G/

Black ScrewsBlack ScrewsBlue ScrewsBlue Screws

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos