Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 26th, 2014 20:00

ASM disks replicated by recover point show empty when mounted

Hello.

I am a RP Newbie.I am testing the replication of small Oracle RAC database. I have to mount the disks on the same server since this is just a test of the test copy function before we move in to our DR site.

I replicated the consistency group and when we brought the DR disks back into ASM they showed empty. The DBAs validated there was data on the luns replicating at the time. I tried two different images and still no data.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Admingirl

614 Posts

October 20th, 2014 08:00

Yep, the issue was I had to rename the disks to something else. ASM was looking at the original disks which we used to test deleting the database and recovering. Once I renamed the disks and then added them to ASM, we were able to recover the database.

643 Posts

September 27th, 2014 20:00

Hi, you use the same server to mount both original and DR volumes, that might be the reason for failure, as all the LUN information would be replicated to the secondary, it will make confusion if the server mount the 2 same LUNs.  Did you unmount the primary before you mount the secondary?  or just simply use a different server might solve the problem.

14 Posts

October 20th, 2014 08:00

Hi Admingirl, were you able to resolve this issue?

This would be a useful test case to share on the community. Need you to reply to Simon's point about the DR volumes having the same content as those already mounted. Perhaps he answered your question, or enabled you to find a solution, either way would appreciate you letting us know.

Thanks, Peter

17 Posts

March 6th, 2017 08:00

Hey Admingirl, did you have to rename them because they are on the same server?  I am currently having the same issue with RP removing the disks from the DR site and not replicating. However, prod and DR are on different servers, but everything is still named the same.

Thank you for any help!

cody

RHEL 6.8

Oracle12c with ASM

No Events found!