Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 4th, 2016 01:00

Is it supported SnapVX with IBM AIX & Vios to create Oracle 12c snapshots?

Hello,

I have a customer with Oracle 12c DB on AIX with Vios and they will do Oracle Snapshots and the possibility to mount the Snaps to AIX host for Test/Dev.

Is it possible to propose VMAX3 250FX with SnapVX and RMAN?

Is it possible to use the solution mentioned at the following doc also in case the hosts are AIX with VIOS?

http://www.emc.com/collateral/white-papers/h14232-oracle-database-backup-recovery-vmax3.pdf

Best Regards

Cosma

643 Posts

October 7th, 2016 20:00

Hi Cosma

What is the current AIX VIOS version, below is the support matrix for VMAX All Flash:

The white paper H14232 you mentioned was tested with Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Linux 6, if the AIX VIOS version was one of the supported version, this white paper should  be well applied.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2016 05:00

Hi Zhaos2,

thank you for your answer.

I'd like to have a "detail", my customer uses Oracle Standard Ed. and they want to implement a solution to apply the Snapshot link Copy o No Copy option, Oracle database Restart and Oracle RMAN with VMAX3 Replication mentioned in pag. 11 and 12 of the doc H14232.

Please, is the Oracle Standard Edition compatible to apply the scenario above instead to use Enterprise edition?

BR

643 Posts

October 25th, 2016 03:00

Hi Cosma, compare to the Enterprise Edition, there are some limitations on Standard Edition like CPU core numbers supported, some advanced features (table partition), performance utilities etc.. Although I can not guarantee our solution test results are 100% applied to your environment as they are all tested on Enterprise Edition, I am sure there is no any limitation at EMC side to restrict using EMC storage and data protection functionalities.  I will suggest to have a detail research on Oracle Standard Edition from Oracle Official Website on any limitations or restrictions for your application deployment and operations.

No Events found!