Charles_Dane
3 Argentium

Oracle OpenWorld 2013 Community Discussion

Oracle OpenWorld 2013 Community Discussion

Oracle OpenWorld is right around the corner. What are you most excited for at OOW 2013 in San Francisco? We want to know! Have questions? We'll answer them.

Use this discussion thread to share what you're looking forward to, ask questions, and most importantly to share your experience at the show!

Interested in all of the other great things EMC is doing at OOW? Check out the...

OOW vPass

Tags (2)
25 Replies
Highlighted
ble1
6 Indium

Re: Oracle OpenWorld 2013 Community Discussion

Does EMC plan to enhance further integration between DD and Exadata?  Can anything on that subject will be revealed at OOW?

Highlighted
dynamox
6 Thallium

DDBoost support for Oracle 12c ?

Highlighted
CarlosRojas
4 Beryllium

Hrvoje,

Have you had the chance to play around with NW 8.1+NMDA 1.5+Exadata?

I think some improvements there would be beneficial. I didn't have the chance, that's why I'm asking

Thank you,

Carlos

Highlighted
ble1
6 Indium

NMDA 1.5 is something I will just start evaluate. Exadata is always around the corner, but not there and might not be. But I can assume that when deciding about storage in company you may either:

a) go for mid and high-end tier and serve your DBs that way

b) have DB appliances (HANA, Exadata, etc)

c) hybrid

Coming from backup corner, I would certainly question how well protected can they be without buying another one for the sake of mirror copy or backup repository, but rather having more traditional approach since I have PBBA,

Highlighted
AnkitMehta
4 Beryllium

Highlighted
EdSpaeny
1 Copper

A few more details here

Highlighted
RRR
5 Osmium

That's so cool. I think in-memory will conquer the world in the (near) future. No more hard drives, simply everything in memory.

Highlighted
DileepMenta
1 Copper

Nice

Highlighted
walshe1
2 Bronze

Did Oracle have any choice to enter this market after SAP released Hana and SQLServer2012 enhancements? Still like Pivotal's in memory data grid strategy better.