Highlighted
awips-hutch
Copper

Dell Configuration Calculator

At some point in the past couple of years, I downloaded a power calculation tool (excel spreadsheet) called DellConfigCalculator-US-1.xls. It has a tab for each Dell product with configuration parameters that calculate power draw and heat generation. Please tell me there's a new version available that includes the PE2950. This is a cool tool that lets me create my own rack power/cooling spreadsheets based on individual component power/heating characteristics.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Dell Configuration Calculator

Been replaced with the DataCenter Capacity Planner. Link is in the quick links above. Web app, or you can download a standalone version. It lets you create a rack config and add all the Dell equipment. You can also define other equipment to include in the calculations.

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/global/products/pedge/topics/en/config_calculator?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz
0 Kudos
lakaspalay
Bronze

RE: Dell Configuration Calculator

"At some point in the past couple of years, I downloaded a power calculation tool (excel spreadsheet) called DellConfigCalculator-US-1.xls. It has a tab for each Dell product with configuration parameters that calculate power draw and heat generation. Please tell me there's a new version available that includes the PE2950. This is a cool tool that lets me create my own rack power/cooling spreadsheets based on individual component power/heating characteristics."
Hi,

Will you pls share me that excel sheet.

0 Kudos