Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 30th, 2018 15:00

Dell UPS 4200R Firmware Upgrade

I do have a 5yrs old DELL UPS 4200R. Few months ago the battery just died and I did replace them with similar specification. Unfortunately, this UPS is no longer warranty and can't raise this with Dell support to assist me. Now, after replacing the batteries it is showing an error message saying Battery disconnected even though the battery is connected.

I am thinking this is due to old firmware and I wanted to upgrade the UPS. However I can't seems to access the GUI interface of this UPS. I can ping the IP address but when I tries to access it via web browser I got the error message below:

Can’t connect securely to this page

Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Does anyone knows how I can fix this issue so I can login to the UPS enable the SNMP then do the upgrade?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 31st, 2018 15:00

The problem may be with the UPS and not the battery. The problem is likely one of three things:

• The replacement battery is faulty
  • The UPS is faulty
  • The battery is not compatible, check for a part number and see if it is the same as your old battery

Also, most of our UPS' have an option to reset error state. I think you may need to perform that reset manually to clear certain faults. Some of our UPS' may not clear a fault state automatically.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 30th, 2018 17:00

Hello

Browser security has increased a lot. The message states the device you are trying to connect to is not capable of communicating in a method considered secure. Your browser is refusing to load the page because of security. You will need to lower the security settings to allow communication.

Thanks

July 30th, 2018 18:00

Hi Daniel, 

Thanks for the information. Do you know I can I lower the security to access this page?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 31st, 2018 09:00

The easiest way would probably be to create a virtual machine and install an old browser that is not updated with the new security requirements. If you want to make a new browser work with it then I suggest searching for information on lowering the security of that browser. Right now you need to lower the allowed TLS. Once you get that disabled/lowered in the browser there may be other issues. You will need to resolve any issues that occur.

July 31st, 2018 14:00

Hi Daniel,

Thanks, I manage to login to the Web Gui of our UPS and see that it is up to date in terms of the Firmware. Unfortunately, The new battery that I have installed is still not detected by the UPS. 

July 31st, 2018 19:00

Hi Daniel,

I would really think the issue is either the second one or the third one. 

Regarding on the option to reset the error state. I did reset the UPS to the factory settings via the Web GUI will this also reset the error state? If not, can you able to let me know how I can do it?

• 

6.2K Posts

August 1st, 2018 08:00

You can find UPS manuals under server>rack infrastructure on our support site. Page 41 lists the reset error state option on the control panel.

http://www.dell.com/support/

No Events found!