Highlighted
Jeffw_2018
1 Nickel

Dell UPS 4200R "Battery Discharging" after replacing battery

Hi All,

I hope someone could be able to assist me. We do have a Dell UPS 4200R with Battery Pack Extender and we have just recently replace total of 32 batteries for both UPS and Extender. Due to the fact that the old batteries are no longer working properly because of it's age. 

However, after we replace those battery 34hrs ago there is now alarms that is active but it is showing that the battery is discharging and the battery percent is 0%. This is no longer under warranty so I am not expecting to contact Dell support to assist me.

Any other experience this kind of issue and what would be the resolution for this?

TIA

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Dell UPS 4200R "Battery Discharging" after replacing battery

Hello

This could be a normal battery discharge test. It could also be a compatibility issue with the batteries if you are not using validated parts. I would also look for any information about production dates on the batteries, they could be old.

Those are just a few things I would look at. You can find more information about the UPS in the manual.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/dell-online-rack-ups-4200r/

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
Jeffw_2018
1 Nickel

Hi Daniel - Thanks for the inputs. We have replace it with the same specs of the battery and now long normally this battery discharge test is last? The message is up for about 2.5days already.

0 Kudos

You can find information about the discharge test in the manual.

It should start recharging immediately after it discharges. If the issue is not due to discharge then you will need to troubleshoot for other possible issues. I would test with one of the old batteries to see if the issue goes away.

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos