Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2016 03:00

M100e w/ M630 blades

Hello,

I am new to DELL servers and have some questions the power requirements and power supply configuration for an M1000e enclosure w/ (16) M630 blades.

Infrastructure / Requirements:

• The data center uses Rittal racks with APC AP8853 PDU's
  • I have redundant 230v (32A) single phase power whips per rack.
  • I am constrained by policy not to exceed 80% of MAX power for one power whip, which equates to about 5700W per rack.
  • I can either load balance or do an active/standby between the two power whips.
  • I need to maximize the amount of gear in each rack, and would like to put two enclosures in a rack.
  • Additional power whips per rack are not an option.

1) Does DELL have an online power calculator that will optimize power supply configuration and give me a printout or startup and sustained power usage to submit the facility manager?

2) What is the most efficient method to configure the power supplies in the enclosure?

3) Is there an advantage to using the 2700W over the 3000W power supplies in order to try to conserve power draw?    

April 6th, 2016 10:00

Hi,

We have a perfect software solution for your need called OpenManage Power Center. To know more please visit www.delltechcenter.com/powercenter.

Some of the key features as follows

1. Real time Power and Temperature Monitoring for Dell servers and Chassis
  2. Datacenter logical/custom grouping
  3. OMPC captures up to 1 year Power and Temperature history which will enable you to analyze the power/temp trend in your datacenter.
  4. Restrict the Power usage as per the Power cap provided by user (In your case you can set a power cap of 5700W per rack and OMPC will make sure your power consumption never exceed the cap )
  5. Minimize the stranded power in your datacenter
  6. Maximize the rack density
  7. PDU and UPS support (We support APC AP8853 )

Dell OpenManage Power Center is free to download, install and use software.

Regards,

Sonylal

July 31st, 2018 04:00

Hi,

Can i Set multiple priorities among multiple rack servers? I have three racks, and I want the first one to always have the maximum power.

In case the power requirement cannot be met, is it possible to take power form lower priority racks, and provide it to the first rack (highest priority rack).

No Events found!