Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2015 03:00

What is the minimum monitor interval of OMPC?

Hi,

When start to monitor managed PE server, will OMPC collect data from managed PE server continually or by a certain period?

Thanks!

Clayton

January 13th, 2015 03:00

Hi Clayton,

OMPC will collect the monitoring data continually based on the sampling interval set.

Default value is set to 1 minute ,however user can change it to 3,6,10 minutes also.

Thanks

Pavan

January 13th, 2015 18:00

Hi Pavan,

I need less than 1 minute. Can I do that? Any command to export the raw database?

Thanks!

Clayton

January 13th, 2015 21:00

Hi Clayton,

Minimum sampling time for OMPC is 1 minute.

You can achieve your requirement of exporting raw monitoring data through 'Raw Monitoring Data' report in OMPC which can be exported.You can also try few more available reports for different categories of data.

Thanks

Pavan

January 13th, 2015 22:00

Hi,

Can I know the rational behind to collect the data in less than a minute period? If you are interested only about "a server" data you can try using IPMI or WSMAN commands available in iDRAC.  

OMPC support up to 4000 devices data for an year. You can imagine how much data will be collected if the polling interval is too small.

Regards,

Sony

January 15th, 2015 06:00

Hi Sony,

I can understand your point, we just want to make sure OMPC can do it or not, because we are looking for a real time power management solution, Thanks!

No Events found!