Highlighted

Multibit ECC errors were detected on the RAID controller. If you continue, data corruption can occur. Contact technical support to resolve this issue. Press 'X' to continue or else power off the system, replace the controller and reboot

Hi,

I have one  PE-R620 server, Morning server was stuck in post with "Multibit ECC errors were detected on the RAID controller. If you continue, data corruption can occur. Contact technical support to resolve this issue. Press 'X' to continue or else power off the system, replace the controller and reboot".then i was pressed x key now server is working properly.No any hardware error found in Dset Report

server is in  cluster with 5 same configuration Hp server and 1 same model PE-R620 server.

Pls suggest next step for this issue. if need to update firmware then it possible to update only that server firmware it is safe for cluster or any else.

Regards

G

5 Replies

RE: Multibit ECC errors were detected on the RAID controller. If you continue, data corruption can occur. Contact technical support to resolve this issue. Press 'X' to continue or else power off the system, replace the controller and reboot

Ganeshshedge4,

Normally with the Multibit ECC error being detected it will cause the controller to halt processing, any drives or enclosures will not be visible. Normally with this issue you need to replace the controller. You can try to update the servers BIOS, iDrac, as well as the controller, to see if this is simply a false error caused by it being out of date. Normally though the issue will be within the controller itself.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Sandaruwan
Bronze

RE: Multibit ECC errors were detected on the RAID controller. If you continue, data corruption can occur. Contact technical support to resolve this issue. Press 'X' to continue or else power off the system, replace the controller and reboot

i had the same error recently in dell power edge R320 server with perc h710 min controller. but after doing raid 5 configurations, now it work fine. i did not update BIOS or any other firmware.

but i need to conform that error will not happen again.  

0 Kudos
theflash1932
Diamond

Changing the RAID configuration will not fix this. Update your system firmware, then test the memory.

0 Kudos
AsifKazi
Copper

"x" worked for me too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
dhiru1602
Silver

I would recommend running a Dell Diagnostic check to confirm if the raid controller is indeed operating fine.

0 Kudos