Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

June 28th, 2004 22:00

NMI: Parity check / memory Parity Error

trying to re-install windows 2000 server on 1400SC, it works well and smooth

till i updated the bios to A09 and i would get an error blue screen

Hardware Malfunction - call your hardware vendor for support  - NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error  - The system has halted

i search the entire forum before i post this question, tried what some mod was suggesting to run DD1054.exe on memory test, no error

this unit had been upgrade to 1GB of ram (512MB x 2), i went to downgrade the bios to A08, same happens, went to A07, it was working for a bit.

did some re-seating memory, and still the same from time to time after gone back down to A07, can anyone tell me why ?

i know for a fact that those memory were fine and working along, after i upgrade the bios, things broke loose, what a joke, came with another problem with the dcesm failed to start, tried a few method the forum suggested, no luck

32 Posts

June 29th, 2004 06:00

Your post missed some critical information. At what point do you get the BLUE SCREEN you mentioned? Does it show up as Windows begins to load after the splash-screen? Or is it a POST error before system hits the OS? If it's POST error, what do you see above and below this error, I mean, at what point do you see this error?

Finally, assuming you can still enter BIOS set up (F2), I suggest resetting BIOS to default by hitting ALT F while in BIOS. You can change the settings back to what they were originally after this. While in BIOS, I would also recommend clearing NVRAM RAM by enabling NUM LOCK, CAPS LOCK and SCROLL LOCK on the keyboard, then hitting ALT E. You should get a beep.

This procedure may or may not fix the issue but it's very simple to try and find out if it does. Let us all know if it worked or post most info on this issue.

10 Posts

June 29th, 2004 10:00

any point pass the post, during windows loads up, or in the windows itself

seems to work fine now, after a couple crash in A07

go figure, pretty sure now it is bios

1 Message

October 8th, 2004 20:00

Same problem with blue screen saying Hardware Malfunction - call your hardware vendor for support  - NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error  - The system has halted

This occurs periodically while loading or shutting down Windows XP or when loading or starting to use Quicken most often.

Whats the problem?

10 Posts

October 8th, 2004 21:00

Finally fixed the problem, i just call Dell and had them replaced the motherboard

took a few step to prove that it is indeed the mb problem, i ran a few test on the memory, kept telling me memory problem, memory is fine

a bit of tip here, most problem i ran across ends up fixing the problem by replacing the mb, from power issue to memory and others

6 Posts

May 17th, 2007 11:00

May be the problem is leakness of cooling?

I had exactly the same problem with my laptop Inspiron 8600 on my bed, me in the bed, during Windows XP session. It came again a few minutes after booting XP et replaced on its docking station.

After a night of successed hardware tests, there was no problems anymore, without changing anything.

6 Posts

May 17th, 2007 11:00

May be the problem is leakness of cooling?

I had exactly the same problem with my laptop Inspiron 8600 on my bed, me in the bed, during Windows XP session. It came again a few minutes after booting XP et replaced on its docking station.

After a night of successed hardware tests, there was no problems anymore, without changing anything.

Stephan
No Events found!