Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 20th, 2018 15:00

PowerEdge T100 Broadcom recognized but not working

I am re-purposing a PE T100 in our computer lab installing ubuntu server on it.

The installation went smoothly and the BCM5722 is recognized, however, it isn't working at all, even the activity LEDs aren't flashing. I checked in the BIOS if the activity LEDs work (they do) and if the NIC is enabled (it is). Yet nothing happens further than that. Also I tried different working ethernet cables and switch ports, nothing...

Should I think the NIC isn't working anymore? Or maybe i'm missing a parameter in the BIOS Menu?

• 

8.5K Posts

February 20th, 2018 17:00

Hi,

Can you private message me the service tag so we can get some additional information?

Try booting to our live image and see if it works there. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=CWF92

4 Posts

February 21st, 2018 04:00

I used this image, and still not working.

The card is recognized but I got code interrupt:16 while using ifconfig.

I will send you the service tag in PM.

• 

8.5K Posts

February 21st, 2018 09:00

Are there any other pcie devices in the system, interrupt 16 is referencing the IRQ so if there is a conflict that could cause an issue.

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2018 04:00

I tried swiping the cards, removed the second NIC, still nothing.

Nn the IRQ table in the BIOS menu, Embedded USB UHCI controller 4 and Embedded NIC are linked (if i change one, the other changes as well to the same IRQ), as well as the SCSI adapter and the second NIC (slot 1&4).

IMG_20180222_134950.jpg

No Events found!