Highlighted
2 Bronze

Added four disks to PERC S130 but no free space available to create a virtual disk.

Jump to solution

I added four hard drives to a server that already has an existing virtual disk with four physical disks. I would like to make a new virtual disk with the newly added drives but the virtual disk creation wizard tells me that there is no free space available to create a virtual disk. When I look at the virtual disks in OMSA it shows the original virtual disk with RAID 0. It also shows the four new disks here as well. 

What I don't understand is why these new physical disks are showing in the virtual disk(s) in OMSA. I would have thought they would immediately be available for creating a new virtual disk. Is it safe to delete these new physical disks from the virtual disks screen in OMSA?

Virtual Disks.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Added four disks to PERC S130 but no free space available to create a virtual disk.

Jump to solution

I deleted the newly added drives and was able to see the available space in the virtual disk creation wizard. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Added four disks to PERC S130 but no free space available to create a virtual disk.

Jump to solution

I deleted the newly added drives and was able to see the available space in the virtual disk creation wizard. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos