Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2017 14:00

Adding Hard Drive to Perc H710

We have a Dell T320 tower server with a Perc H710 and 3 - 2Tb SAS hard drives configured in RAID5. The 3 physical hard drives are configure with 2 virtual drives, 0 and 1.  0 is the OS and 1 has all the live data.  All of this is done on Connector 0.  I see that there is a Connector 1.  My question is, can I add 3 identical hard drives to be used as a totally different data drive and set them up as RAID on Connector 1. Is so, how? Basically I want to increase my storage capacity without touching my existing OS (Virtual dirve 1) or Data (virtual Drive 2).   Below are the Open Manage screen shots.

1 Attachment

• 

6.2K Posts

August 15th, 2017 17:00

Hello

It depends on the configuration you chose with the system. I show that the system can be ordered with a cabled drive configuration that supports up to 4 drives, x8 3.5" backplane, or an x16 2.5" backplane. If you ordered the system with a backplane then it should support more than four drives. If not, 4 is the max supported drives in a cabled configuration.

If you have a backplane then you will need drive carriers for the new drives and possibly a second SAS cable. Check to see if SAS B is connected to the controller. If it is not connected then you will need that cable for the additional slots on the backplane to be connected to the controller.

Thanks

No Events found!