Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2018 09:00

Dell PE T310 Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key:3

My server T310 with PERC 6/i Adapter

Firmware Version    6.3.3.0002
Driver Version    4.05.01.64
Storport Driver Version    6.1.7601.18386

two SAS disks DELL MAX3147RC  firmware D206 working in mirror (Connector 0).

There are a lot of events

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: 3 Sense code: 11 Sense qualifier: 1: Physical Disk 0:0:1 Controller 0, Connector 0

and

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: 3 Sense code: 11 Sense qualifier: 1: Physical Disk 0:0:0 Controller 0, Connector 0

But RAID works correctly.

Battery OK.

Could you help me and give me advice what should I do ?

20 Posts

July 14th, 2018 08:00

Dell software above solves problem with updating firmware to D207 for Fujitsu MAX3147RC in case you have Dell T310 with PERC 6/i controler.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/pl/pl/pldhs1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=gvkym

20 Posts

July 6th, 2018 10:00

I have T310 server with PERC 6/i disk controller.

Both installed Dell disk  MAX3147RC have firmware D206.

Openmage server administrator tells to upgrage firmware to D207.

The question is how to do it?

On dell site there is not any information about firmware to above disks installed with PERC 6/i

• 

6.2K Posts

July 6th, 2018 12:00

Hello

The controller didn't receive a response to a read request from the drive within the time limit allowed. If this message is occurring a lot then there could be an issue somewhere in the RAID chain. I suggest that you start by making sure everything is up to date. I show that the latest firmware for the drive is D207. The PERC firmware appears to be current. The driver and storport shouldn't affect this issue, but I would make sure they are up to date as well.

You can find available downloads on the system support page.

http://www.dell.com/support/

You can also run diagnostics on the drive to test for issues. Also, I would run a consistency check on the virtual disk. You can check to see if this feature is supported on your controller in the controller or OpenManage manual. Most controllers require a storage management application like OpenManage Server Administrator or the RACADM command line DRAC tools to initiate a consistency check.

http://www.dell.com/storagecontrollermanuals/

http://www.dell.com/openmanagemanuals/

Thanks

20 Posts

July 9th, 2018 04:00

I contacted technical support in my country in order to obtain a new (D207) version for SAS disk Fujitsu MAX3147RC.
I am informed that Dell for T310 does not support updates for the Fujitsu MAX3147RC. This update is only possible for the PowerVault matrix.
I purchased Fujitsu MAX3147RC with my Power Edge T310.

I have replaced such disks for new ones.

What should I do?

How should I update them?

20 Posts

July 9th, 2018 06:00

I have a T310 server. It is only equipped with BMC. I want to buy iDRAC express and enterprise.
Dell does not have any cards for my server anymore. Dell warns me that if I buy iDRACa used I will not have iDRAC license.
Is there a way to buy a used iDRAC and buy a license.
It's about having an iDRAC in my T310.

• 

6.2K Posts

July 9th, 2018 09:00

Please stop creating new threads for each question you have with your T310. If you have multiple questions about your T310 you can ask the questions in a single thread.

The D207 update is available in the Nautilus update package. If you look under the SAS Drive category of the system download page you will find the Nautilus update package. We do not release individual updates for all drives. I'm unaware of the drive only supporting D207 in a Powervault. That information does not appear to be correct. Installation instructions are on the download page.

11th generation servers do not work under a licensing model for the iDRAC. Features for the iDRAC are enabled or disabled based on installed hardware. We did not move to a license model until 12th generation servers. 11th generation servers have a BMC. If an iDRAC express module is installed then the BMC will be upgraded to an iDRAC express with additional features. If an iDRAC enterprise module is installed then additional features will be available. An iDRAC enterprise module requires a functional iDRAC express module to be installed. An iDRAC enterprise module will not function without an iDRAC express. Likewise, the iDRAC express requires that the BMC be functional. It is a layered functionality device, and each layer requires the layer below to be functional.

Thanks

20 Posts

July 10th, 2018 00:00

I have prepared USB using NatuliusDOSA49. The source and USB looks the same as follow:

2018-07-10_084735.jpg 

Inside of each above direcotory there is NOT firmware D207.

Instead of information from files.txt where we can find  following information

C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL-10LX
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-10se
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL-10SX
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9lx
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9se
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL11SE
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL11SX
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\files.txt
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL-10LX\D305.FWH
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL-10LX\D306.FWH
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-10se\D406.fwh
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-10se\D407.FWH
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL-10SX\D505.FWH
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL-10SX\D506.FWH
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9lx\9lxpd206.frm
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9lx\9lxpd207.frm
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9lx\S9LXD010.FRM
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9lx\S9LXD011.FRM
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9lx\S9LXD0B0.FRM
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9se\9SE-0107.FRM
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9se\9sepd109.frm
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9se\S9LXD0B0.FRM
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9se\S9SED107.FRM
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\al-9se\s9sed108.frm
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL11SE\D809.fwh
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL11SE\D80A.fwh
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL11SX\D905.fwh
C:\dell\Drivers\NautilusDOSA47\files\fw\sas\fujitsu\AL11SX\D906.fwh

But any file from "D207" does not exist like a directory containing al-9lx.

So, could you send me a link to nautilus application which support update to D207 firmware for Fujitsu MAX3147RC.

About new topics.

Each topic is a new story.

When I am looking for solutions using a forum like yours. I am looking for solutions to problems rather than writing conversations like in eg. in WhatsUp. But if you think that your approach is more supportive of Dell T310 users, then I will adapt.

20 Posts

July 11th, 2018 01:00

Does Dell support firmware update to D207 for Fujitsu disks in T310?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 11th, 2018 10:00

I don't show that drive as validated for a T310. The last generation of servers that I show validated for that drive was 10th generation.

I looked through the Nautilus utility. Even though the D207 update is still listed in the Nautilus documentation, it looks like that update was pulled from Nautilus several years ago. I was not able to find the update available in any of our Nautilus or stand-alone server updates.

The only product I show validated for that drive that still has updates available is the PowerVault MD3000. You can try applying that firmware image to the drive.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=T767W

Thanks

20 Posts

July 14th, 2018 06:00

You a few days ago wrote:

The D207 update is available in the Nautilus update package. If you look under the SAS Drive category of the system download page you will find the Nautilus update package. We do not release individual updates for all drives. I'm unaware of the drive only supporting D207 in a Powervault. That information does not appear to be correct.

When I point you that is something wrong you are writing
The only product I show validated for that drive that still has updates available is the PowerVault MD3000. You can try applying that firmware image to the drive.

So maybe in this time you are wrong. I will inform you Dell Engineer:).

20 Posts

July 14th, 2018 14:00

I have to renew problem. After upgrage disks firmware from D206 to D207 problem still exists.

So,...

My server T310 with PERC 6/i Adapter

Firmware Version    6.3.3.0002
Driver Version    4.05.01.64
Storport Driver Version    6.1.7601.18386

two SAS disks DELL MAX3147RC  firmware D207 working in mirror (Connector 0).

There are a lot of events

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: 3 Sense code: 11 Sense qualifier: 1: Physical Disk 0:0:1 Controller 0, Connector 0

and

Unexpected sense. SCSI sense data: Sense key: 3 Sense code: 11 Sense qualifier: 1: Physical Disk 0:0:0 Controller 0, Connector 0

But RAID works correctly.

Battery OK.

Could you help me and give me advice what should I do ?

20 Posts

July 16th, 2018 03:00

For others.

The problem was solved.

I try, try and I found only one way.

1. Make a full disc backup for instance Windows 2008 R2 backup

2. Remove RAID configuration.

3. Add new configuration as: one disk one volumen

4. Init each volumen - DO NOT USE FAST method

5. Remove RAID configuration

6. Add new configuration as you have at the beginning

7. Init new volumen - DO NOT USE FAST method