Highlighted
Aldz
1 Copper

Dell Poweredge T30 HDD inquiry

Hi, our company is already using 2x T30 for various servers. I'll be purchasing a 3rd one soon to serve as a new file server to replace our aging 7 year old one.

I'm planning to put 1x 1TB Dell hdd for OS and 2x 8TB Seagate HDD in raid 1 setup. I would just like to confirm if this particular server can support 8tb Hard drives in mirror mode. I'd rather not buy another T30 then find out that it cannot read 8tb HDD's

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Dell Poweredge T30 HDD inquiry

Hello,

The largest drive I see as having been tested and validated for this server is 2TB. I wouldn't be surprised at all if larger drives worked without issue, but 2TB is the largest single drive size that I show among the supported drives.

#Iwork4Dell
Aldz
1 Copper

Yeah I was assuming that to be the case too. I'm just making sure as this is the first time our company is purchasing an 8tb HDD. Can't really just go ahead with the purchase, the just say "Ooops" during setup. My boss will kill me

Highlighted

That's fair. I'd really be more surprised if the higher capacity drives *DIDN'T* work, but the last thing I'd ever wanna do is set any one up for failure. 

You might look at the T130, though. I do see 8TB drive support there. I'm not 100%, but I think the T130 pretty similar in price.

#Iwork4Dell