Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

December 20th, 2022 08:00

Dell R630 Multiple Disk fail

Just facing issue with Dell R630 3 drives went to removed and showing amber in IDRAC, Power-cycle the system and then check the Disks went to ForeignScreenshot 2022-12-20 161116.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 160932.png configuration, import the configuration and then Boot the Server.

After Few minutes again it goes to same state.

action taken Controller also replaced but issue is same.

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

January 16th, 2023 08:00

Thank you all for your time and effort..

The solution is break the raid 5 which is effected and recreate it…!! We followed the same action plan and resolved the issue now the system is up and running fine without any error,

143 Posts

December 20th, 2022 20:00

Hi @Praveen.Singh,

I see that one of the VD is failed state, which is the physical disks being offline.

I suggest you call Dell Tech support for the next steps as we do not have the option to take remote and check ourselves.

Please make sure that no further troubleshooting steps are performed until you contact the support. Any unwanted steps will result in permanent data loss.

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

December 20th, 2022 22:00

Hello Dheeraj,

Data backup is already there, we have imported the configuration after that system came up normally.

But again it went to same state after 30 minutes, again we import the configuration but again it went to same foreign state, any suggestions as this is not a known issue.

Might be backplane, Board, or sas cable 

. TOS76>

Picture3.png

143 Posts

December 21st, 2022 03:00

Hi @Praveen.Singh,

Then, I would suggest you check the iDRAC for any error message for the drives in slots 2,3 & 7.

Now update the BIOS, iDRAC, HDD, and Controller firmware to the latest and then import the configuration and monitor if the error repeats.

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

December 21st, 2022 07:00

hello Dear,

there are two raid configured in the controller H730 mini but again and again the issue repeats with raid 5 and these 3 disks only they went to foreign state after sometime, so firmware updates are also not work here...!! is there any chances that there is a confg errors on these drives ?

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

Hello @Praveen.Singh,

If you mean "Configuration" errors, no. I don't think is a problem of configuration.

I think it might be a hardware error and those disks are having errors. But, anyway as I said, I suggest you opening a case with support so they can analyze the log and let you know exactly what is going on.

Otherwise, it's very difficult to know what's happening in the disks.

If you already updated the possible firmware and the issue is still happening then yes, I suggest you to have somebody checking the logs.

Regards.

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

Firmware of controller, BIOS and IDRAC with LC are upgraded, HDD firmware are still pending.

why the issue is with these 3 drives only ?

4 Operator

• 

2.7K Posts

Hello @Praveen.Singh,

In order to answer your question and in-deep log analysys would be requiered to verify why the disks were sending this errors.

Regards.

2 Intern

• 

370 Posts

December 22nd, 2022 21:00

as of now we have AP to replace the drives one by one, if needed we will break the raid 5 and reconfigure it and let you know the solution as soon as possible.

No Events found!