Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

64 Posts

April 18th, 2019 13:00

Differences between perccli, raidcfg, and srvadmin-storageservices?

What are the differences between perccli, raidcfg, and srvadmin-storageservices? Are some deprecated, why do we need three different utilities? What is recommended for a Dell R630 running Ubuntu 16.04?

2.9K Posts

April 18th, 2019 15:00

Hello,

Perccli is a CLI tool to interact directly with the PERC, whereas srvadmin-storageservices is a part of OpenManage Server Administrator. OpenManage also has RAID management built into it and is one of the most common ways to manage storage, since it has a GUI. Raidcfg looks to be a part of the OpenManage deployment toolkit, and it is a tool I've never used personally, however, I'll link to some information on it.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/dell-opnmang-dplymnt-toolkit-v5.0.1/dtk_cli-v5/raid-configuration-utility-options-and-arguments?guid=guid-1126a4a8-f943-4ae8-b05f-64876e8f8676&lang=en-us

None of these would necessarily be bad choices, but I would use Perccli. This is because it is purpose built to interact with the PERC. I've seen a number of issues getting OpenManage running on Ubuntu, so it can be more difficult. It's also my opinion that perccli usage is a bit more straight-forward.

No Events found!