Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 18th, 2017 14:00

Failed drive on T420?

I had T420 running ESX with 8 drives  (600GB) in RAID-6.

I had drive7 fail. I have replaced the drive, and in the RAID utility I have designated it as hot swop. And after the reboot all green lights started blinking, indicating to me that the RAID is being rebuild.

It has been two days now.

On server all seems to be fine, no orange lights anywhere.

However when I log into the iDrac and go to  Storage/Physical Disks, the replaced disc has red circle with white cross next to it, when I see the properties of the Disc, there is nothing obviously wrong with it, state is "online"

Also the Storage/Virtual Disks has yellow triangle with exclamation mark next to it, but the state is "online". Advanced properties do not show any obvious issues.

When I log into the PERC H710 Adapter BIOS Configuration Utility, PD Mgmt menu shows all discs State as "online" and VD Mgnt menu shows the Virtual Disk to be in "Optimal" state.

Why is there the red circle next to mine HD status and the yellow triangel next to the VD status?

Thank you

Mrcha

• 

8.5K Posts

October 18th, 2017 18:00

The drac stays up even during a server reboot. You can either power off and unplug the server for a few minutes or you can use racadm from a remote system to do a racadm racreset. http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/3205.racadm-command-line-interface-for-drac

• 

8.5K Posts

October 18th, 2017 17:00

Hi,

Have you tried doing a soft reset of the iDRAC to see if it will update the status? 

4 Posts

October 18th, 2017 17:00

Thanks for the reply, how do you do a soft reset?  I would assume that rebooting the server would reset the iDrac would it not?   The server has been rebooted, but the iDrac has not changed.

Mr.cha

4 Posts

Hi, I have downloaded the racadm utility, installed it on my win7 PC and executed the racreset command.

That seemed to fix the issue, there are no red circles or yellow triangles anymore.

Thank you

Mr.cha

4 Posts

I have downloaded the racadm onto my win7 PC and executed the racreset command, that has fixed it. No more red circles or yellow triangles, thank you,

Mr.cha

No Events found!