Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

September 9th, 2011 04:00

HDD error on Dell Poweredge 650

Please I keep having this error that Disk Drive Not Found. I've changed the IDE Cable and it's still the same thing. I used the same HDD on another system and it was detected immediately without a single glitch. I brought it back to the Server and discovered that I have to position it in a particular way before it'll work. I want to know what exactly is wrong and a possible way to fix this.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 9th, 2011 08:00

If you have to "position it in a particular way" and you have already swapped out the cable, I would say you have a short in your connector ... and if you don't have to "position it in a particular way" (or can cause it not to be found by moving it around) on another machine, it is probably the connector on your motherboard/controller.

11 Posts

September 9th, 2011 09:00

I'm thinking that there might be a problem with the connector on the motherboard/controller but I don't know what to do to fix this. The HDD with the same IDE cable works fine on another system without having to position it in a particular way but becomes unstable when connected to my Poweredge 650 Server. I would appreciate any further help because this is affecting the two and only controllers on the board.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 9th, 2011 11:00

There's not much you can do to fix it other than replace the motherboard ... or get an add-in IDE controller.

No Events found!