Highlighted
b.hailes
1 Nickel

LSI_SAS Event ID 11 PERC 6/i

I have a strange error with a PERC controller in a server, we keep getting the following message pop up in the event log with the Event ID of 11

"The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort1"

To start with this was pinned down to an out of date storport driver, but this has been updated to the latest with Service Pack 2 being applied to the system

The system is a PowerEdge 2950 with a PERC 6/i card and two SAS 5/E cards, running Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2

Driver and Firmware unfortunatly is 1 revision out of date, this is being looked at for getting them upgraded.

As for the error, I have been searching for an answer but so far cant find anything definitive as to the cause of the problem and or even a solution to the problem,

The problem doesnt appear to be having an impact on the server, its just triggering alarms every time it happens

Have any of you had this problem?

If so do you know what you did to fix the problem?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
theflash1932
6 Indium

Re: LSI_SAS Event ID 11 PERC 6/i

Make sure you update the BIOS and ESM/BMC before when you update the RAID driver/firmware (before).  These errors can also be caused by PCI bus problems, which can often be resolved by current BIOS revisions.

I you get the messages after updating, I would recommend running the Online Diagnostics, looped a few times on the controller and drives (Quick Test).

0 Kudos