Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

January 12th, 2015 06:00

Multiple LUN & Security

If I connect two servers (each in a separate subnet ) to a single SAN with a back-to-back connection using iSCSI (each server is assigned to a separate LUN)

Is there any security issue? If I have access to one server can I bypass security mechanism and access other server or it's LUN?

• 

6.9K Posts

January 12th, 2015 11:00

Hello avilt,

Are the 2 servers going to be in a cluster or no? If you servers are going to be clustered together then you can have both servers access each other’s luns as the cluster will own the luns.

Which storage device do you have as you didn’t list it in your opening post? If you are not going to cluster your servers then there could be an issue with having both servers access your data as that can cause corruption. Your security shouldn’t be an issue as you would setup that access on your SAN.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

27 Posts

January 12th, 2015 22:00

It's Powervault 3260i with iSCSI. There are no server clusters. If I create two disk array with separate LUN for each server, is there any scope for data corruption? If I have access to one server, I should not be able to access/tamper the SAN storage of another server. Please confirm.

No Events found!