Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

3 Posts

May 12th, 2020 06:00

PDR1024 mismatch detected new HDDs not detected in Poweredge R720

The PowereEdge R720 server originally had 3 SAS-2 drivers installed and running Windows server OS. To reuse the server for virtualization proposes I wipe the server deleted the OS and data. I crated a RAID configuration; well my intention was create a RAID 1 for OS and a RAID 5 for storage, so I added another 4 new HDDs. When I power on the server all drivers had light activity, but after a few seconds the original 3 drives are the only blinking green light activity. I had this message  PDR1024 mismatch detected on disk drive bay 1 drive 2. Going into the RAID bios CRTL + R to create a new RAID array, only the 3 original hdds and the optical DVD drive are available fro selection. I assume the drivers are connected to the SAS controllers.

PD:My servers only have PERC S110 embedded by default, not physical SAS controllers installed. What I can do from here.  

Thoughts?

• 

8.4K Posts

May 12th, 2020 13:00

Mlbatista,

Would you confirm a couple things for me?

What type of drives were added, do you have the specs for them?

Also, are you certain there isn't another controller installed? I ask as the S110 doesn't support SAS.

Let me know

3 Posts

May 13th, 2020 07:00

Good morning Sr. 

Thanks for answer me,

I added the same original hard drive Dell SAS 6Gbps 1 TB RPM 7.2K model ST1000NM0023. I am sure not physical controller are installed, this is the RAID controller embedded PERC S110 (SW RAID) than I am using. At least this is it what I saw in the BIOS. I hope you get the info u need from me. If need more details or another specific info let me know I hope you can help me, I am not expert on Dell servers and my knowledge isn't to wide so..please forgive me if I miss something or I am not clear with the answers..

• 

8.4K Posts

May 13th, 2020 09:00

Would you Private Message me the svc tag, and I can verify what shipped with the server. 

Thank you. 

• 

8.4K Posts

May 14th, 2020 05:00

I assume things have been changed or upgraded since the server shipped, as both the servers that you supplied tags for shipped with 1TB SATA drives (part # T4XNN (Seagate) and part # D3YV6 (Toshiba). As you said though they did ship with the S110 as the controller. 

3 Posts

May 14th, 2020 08:00

So what I can do from here to add more hard drivers?? buy a physical RAID controller? I read that I can use PERC S110 up to 8 hard drivers, right?? What I can do to fix this issue and get this solved??

Regards 

Luis

• 

8.4K Posts

May 14th, 2020 12:00

You could go with SATA drives, or add an H310 (part # K09CJ) or H710 (part # 5CT6D).

No Events found!