Highlighted
Tek-Nerds
2 Iron

PE1950 SSD?

Jump to solution

We have a PE1950 Gen 3 server we may be looking at installing some SSD's on. The SSD's are crucial CT512MX100SSD1. This product spec:

https://www.crucial.com/wcsstore/CrucialSAS/pdf/product-flyer/ssd/crucial-mx100-ssd-product-flyer-en...

says it is a 6Gbps and will work with 3Gbps. My question is, will these SSD's work with our PE1950 gen 3 server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theflash1932
6 Indium

RE: PE1950 SSD?

Jump to solution

They'll probably work, but don't expect full performance levels from them, and they will probably always show as offline (amber LED on the drive tray and warnings/errors in OMSA). There is also the possibility that they won't work at all.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
theflash1932
6 Indium

Jump to solution

They'll probably work, but don't expect full performance levels from them, and they will probably always show as offline (amber LED on the drive tray and warnings/errors in OMSA). There is also the possibility that they won't work at all.

0 Kudos
Tek-Nerds
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Blinking amber light on drive tray is what i am experiencing. I guess we will this one as it is. Thanks

0 Kudos
Tek-Nerds
2 Iron

Jump to solution

We are going to replace that 1950 with a R610. Would those SSD's work on a R610?

0 Kudos