Highlighted
brandit
1 Copper

PE2950 Storage battery failed missing

Hi all

I have 2 x 2950 servers with brand new PERC 5/i integrated batteries.
But one is reading as Learning (Fine Ill wait a bit) the other is reading as missing.

Both are complaining about Storage Firmware/Driver versions.

Firmware Version 5.1.1-0040
Latest Available Firmware Version 5.2.2-0072
Driver Version 2.08.00.32
Minimum Required Driver Version 2.24.00.32
Storport Driver Version 5.2.3790.2825
Minimum Required Storport Driver Version 5.2.3790.4173

OS = Server 2003 Ent SP2 32bit

Now I have been give a link to the Dell ISO below. 

https://dell.box.com/BootablePE2950

Have I got everything I need here? These two servers are currently playing a critical role to my business and I need to understand exactly what the steps are to update the firmware as I suspect that this will resolve my failed battery issues.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: PE2950 Storage battery failed missing

Hello.

1. Open your  bootableISO and locate a file named linuxIso.iso
  2. Burn the ISO to a disc, flash ( at slowest speed if you can) or mount to virtual media through iDRAC. If you do not have a software that can burn ISO, you may use any freely available burning software such as ImgBurn.
  3. With DVD or flash inserted, boot the server and enter BIOS then select BIOS Boot Manager
  4. Once the manger loads, choose DVD ROM, depending on the location of your ISO; when booted into the ISO, select option 1 or else wait about 10 seconds for it to automatically select the option for you.
  5. You will see a progression of automated processes with various screenshots. The firmware updates take between 30 - 90 minutes to complete. Some errors will occur during this process, which is normal.
  6. Once the updates are complete, press enter to reboot. We do recommend running this ISO at least twice to ensure that all updates have been applied

Note: After a successful power supply firmware download, the managed system turns off for a duration of about 3 - 20 minutes before firmware update continues. It is imperative not to interrupt or restart manually during this time.

Robert Alakara

Dell EMC | Enterprise Services

0 Kudos