Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2021 12:00

PERC H710P MINI WON'T IMPORT FOREIGN CONFIG

Hello community. I hope an expert on PERC BIOS CONFIGURATION can give me a hand...

This is the current situation:

1) When the server boots, it cannot find the boot disk...

AT BOOT TIMEAT BOOT TIME

2) Within the configuration utility, I have a Foreign configuration where all the physical drives are online, except for 2 on rebuild.

FOREIGN CONFIG VIEWFOREIGN CONFIG VIEW

3) It lost the 2 the virtual disks !

VIRTUAL DISK VIEWVIRTUAL DISK VIEW

4) All the physical disks show a state of foreign.:PHYSICAL DISKS - FOREIGNPHYSICAL DISKS - FOREIGN

5) I try to import the foreign config to create the 2 virtual disks

I IMPORT FOREIGN CONFIGIMPORT FOREIGN CONFIG

6) When I try to import the Foreign config, I get a warning message that states:

Please attach All the physical disks. This is an irreversible process!
Note: offline virtual disks cannot be imported!WARNINGWARNING

7) I go ahead, and get an error:

ERROR! Foreign config import 8 out of 8 failed to import !
controller has data in cache for offline ...

ERRORERROR

I've read the PERC H710P manual, and I don't find an answer to this issue. I do not want to loose the data on the physical drives. I know I'm missing something. Maybe the REBUILD status drives are bad, and need to be replaced before it will allow me to import the foreign config?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 Posts

April 25th, 2021 07:00

Update,

I replaced the physical discs with a rebuild flag. It updated the foreign configuration for the physical disk position as MISSING ... The new disks showed on the virtual disk page as ready... Since the Foreign config now shows missing disks, I removed the new disk and replaced it with the original ones, so the foreign configuration shows for those positions REBUILD. This move did not help. Is ANYBODY experienced with these PERC configurations? A nudge on the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

3K Posts

April 25th, 2021 21:00

Looking at the first screen shot, looks like your system have preserved cache as well. Please refer section "Managing Preserved Cache" on page number 48 of below link for more details on preserved cache
https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/common/rc_h310_h710_h710p_h810_ug_en-us.pdf

As per above link it is recommended to import foreign config before clearing preserved cache other wise there may be lose of data in preserved cache.

Can you scroll down on the pop up error message and share the complete message on last picture on import foreign config failed you shared.

1 Message

September 28th, 2022 20:00

Have you got solution I am facing same issues and worried about losing data. Issues.jpg

• 

3K Posts

September 29th, 2022 01:00

Hi @Bishan041,

It looks like you have preserve cache that need to be clear since import foreign has failed: https://dell.to/3reVxMT

But, it seems data is important to you, I suggest seeking help from 3rd party data recovery vendor to retrieve your data with full back up. 

No Events found!