Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

SE

March 7th, 2018 06:00

PERC H730P Integrated RAID Controller for Dell PowerEdge R740xd

Untitled.jpgHello Sir,

I have just bought a new PERC from Dell and I need the cable that connects this PERC with the backplane.

What is the right part number for this cable?

My server is PowerEdge R740xd and the part number for the card is 405-AAEK

Thanks and best regards,

Sameh

• 

6.2K Posts

March 7th, 2018 13:00

Hello

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thanks

March 8th, 2018 07:00

Hi Daniel,

I have sent a private message as requested. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Sameh

• 

6.2K Posts

March 8th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for the service tag.

I show your R740XD was ordered with a 2.5"x24 backplane. The part number for the mini-PERC SAS cable for the x24 backplane is M5XRW.

We do not have a retail part kit available for that cable. It is only available as a spare parts purchase. Some regions have separate sales departments for retail sales and spare parts. If you have a spare parts contact listed for your regional sales support then use that number to order the part.

Thanks

March 11th, 2018 03:00

Hi Daniel,

Thank you so much for your solution above.

I have one more question though for the same server.

I am planning to order PERC HBA330+ Adapter, 12Gb Adapter for this server as well. Which cable I should get with it to connect it with the backplane.

Regards,

Sameh

• 

6.2K Posts

March 12th, 2018 11:00

@Sameh Elhussainy wrote:

I am planning to order PERC HBA330+ Adapter, 12Gb Adapter for this server as well. Which cable I should get with it to connect it with the backplane.

1GKM9

I can't say for sure that is the only cable you need, but I'm fairly certain that is the only SAS cable you will need to connect an adapter PERC to the x24 backplane on the A side.

Thanks

March 13th, 2018 06:00

Thank you so much Daniel for the support. Have a great day!

Regards,

Sameh

1 Message

May 5th, 2019 15:00

Good day Daniel After doing a search your comments on a similar issue we have emerged. Can you please direct us to how to obtain these cable for two servers. Service tags Service tags

Regards Brett Yudelman Security Unlimited PTY LTD

• 

6.2K Posts

May 7th, 2019 08:00

@Terminater2 wrote:

Good day Daniel After doing a search your comments on a similar issue we have emerged. Can you please direct us to how to obtain these cable for two servers. Service tags Service tags

Regards Brett Yudelman Security Unlimited PTY LTD

Hello

If you do not have the same configuration that is discussed in this thread then I suggest that you create your own thread. Also, please do not post personal information like service tags in the forum. You should post the system model, controller, and backplane if you are asking for assistance with cable part numbers.

Thanks

No Events found!