Highlighted
2 Bronze

PERC H730P Mini with R740XD2 24 Drives

Jump to solution

Hi I will like to create a 1 RAID6 with 23x 10TB NL-SAS +1 Hot Spare. Is this possible do to this configuration ?

R740XD2 with PERC H730P Mini

If not what is the biggest amount of HDD drive that I create 1 raid type with this card ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: PERC H730P Mini with R740XD2 24 Drives

Jump to solution

I am not certain where you saw that, but it is incorrect, you can have however many 12gbps drives installed in a Virtual Disk and they will run at 12gbps. The only way that isn't the case is if a slower drive is used when configuring the Virtual Disk, which the controller would flag all the 12gbps drives as whatever the slowest drive speed is. ^CH

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Well, technically yes. It should be possible to create it. For the H730P Mini 32 HDDs/SSDs are the max drive support.

Regards.

logo
 Diego López

Social Media and Communities Professional
 Comunidad Dell | @DellAyudaPro | Eventos en línea
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the answer. I read somewhere that if I put more then x amount of drive the speed will decreasse from 12G to 6G SAS. How many drive that I can have without I have this speed decrease ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I am not certain where you saw that, but it is incorrect, you can have however many 12gbps drives installed in a Virtual Disk and they will run at 12gbps. The only way that isn't the case is if a slower drive is used when configuring the Virtual Disk, which the controller would flag all the 12gbps drives as whatever the slowest drive speed is. ^CH

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos