Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 23rd, 2017 09:00

Perc 6i showing old drives as foreign

I had a RAID 5 drive fail. Drive 1.  When I replaced the drive and tried to boot the system was complaining that the config had changed. It forces you into the raid controller.  I see that drive 3 and 4 are now listed as foreign.  Is there any way I can save my Virtual drive at this point?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 24th, 2017 14:00

One drive may still be in a foreign state ... you will need to CLEAR the foreign configuration then assign it as a hot-spare. If it is showing READY, then assign it as a hot-spare. If it is online again, then do the replace member function.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 23rd, 2017 21:00

IMPORT the foreign configuration (VD MGMT screen, highlight controller, F2, Foreign, Import).

3 Posts

December 24th, 2017 03:00

Thanks!  That worked.  I was able to lboot Windows.  Now I am stuck on how to initiate the rebuild of the RAID 5 array. The system has four drives. The bad drive was 0:0:1.When I open Server Administrator I see the three other drives in the Virtual Disk  array. I see the new drive listed as ready in the physical drive view. Not sure of the sequence here. Do I assign the new drive as hot spare and then do a replace member disk?  Thanks for your help!

3 Posts

December 26th, 2017 14:00

Perfect back in business now.  Thanks for your help. Simple steps but you don't want to make a mistake at this. 

No Events found!