Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

April 14th, 2020 08:00

Perc H700 Upgrade issue

I upgraded from a Perc 6 to a H700 card.  It is currently running 12.3.0-0032 .  I am trying to upgrade the firmware to 12.10.7-0001 to recognize > 2TB drives.  When I boot to a Linux USB stick and run the bin, it says it is not compatible.  I ran the perccli64 and it says there is not a controller.  It even error-ed out when I tried from my Windows ESX image.

I tried the F10 Platform Update and it will download the catalog but then tell me No update available, telling me to use the Windows catalog.

I searched for this and most of the results are from 5 years ago so all the URL references are broken.

This is my first Dell server so I am not used to all the support/mgmt features.  Am I missing something? 

2.9K Posts

April 14th, 2020 12:00

What OS is installed bare metal? ESXi? 

Does the rest of the hardware, such as the BIOS, the iDRAC, or the Lifecycle controller, see the H700 present? It may be helpful to confirm that the error is software, first.

Also, what server model are you working with?

2 Posts

April 14th, 2020 15:00

I am running ESX.  I have 2 240gb SSD as the first array and they are working.  The H700 is recognized on boot, if I go into the BIOS with F2, I don't see anywhere in there for it to be displayed.  I haven't got idrac running yet.

I just installed windows bare metal and I was finally able to run the utility (Windows Dell H700) and it updated the card.

2.9K Posts

April 14th, 2020 15:00

I'm glad you were able to update the card. You had been on the right track earlier, when you had mentioned booting to a Linux Live environment and trying to run the update from there. It's interesting that it didn't work out for you.

No Events found!