Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

4 Posts

August 31st, 2018 07:00

Perc H710p Online capacity expansion issue

I have a Dell R720XD running a Perc H710p raid card.

I am in the process of setting it up and want to ensure i can increase the raid capacity at some point down the line.  I have read the H710p user guide which states that if i use Raid 6 i can add more disks and do an online capacity expansion.

To make sure i have setup a Raid 6 using 4 x SAS drives.

I have then turned the server off and installed a further 4 x SAS drives (Same model and capacity).

When i then go into the raid config using either the OSMA or the Cntrl R bios there is no reconfigure option or even tasks option as per the below link.

The server and raid controller are running the latest bios versions.

Any ideas?

thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

August 31st, 2018 09:00

Hello

We added the ability to perform reconfigure tasks to our newer PERCs through the controller BIOS. I don't think that feature exists with the H710. You will need to use storage management software to perform the reconfigure.

The reconfigure option will be in the task list of the virtual disk. If all conditions for reconfiguration are not met then the option may not be present. If the virtual disk is degraded or performing any operation that would not allow a reconfigure then the reconfigure option may not show. You can find more information on the OMSA support page. There is an OMSA manual for storage management.

http://www.dell.com/openmanagemanuals/

reconfigure.png

Thanks

4 Posts

September 3rd, 2018 01:00

Hi

I have just read somewhere that you cannot do an OCE if the drives are not Dell drives.

Is that the case?

Regards

Tim

• 

6.2K Posts

September 4th, 2018 08:00

Hello

I was informed that you messaged us on Twitter requesting further assistance. If you would like further assistance then send me a private message with your service tag so that I can verify warranty.

Thanks

No Events found!