Start a Conversation

Unsolved

T

13 Posts

June 18th, 2020 02:00

Power Edge R420 / Perc H310 mini - 3 disk RAID 5

Hello everyone. I have Power Edge R420 with a Perc H310 mini and 3 disk raid 5 configuration.

My RAID is showing degraded but all my 3 disks are showing online (Green) spun up

I have recently updated the Perc H310 firmware and driver software

I can't seem to find the Dell 2TB WD Drive firmware software

Since the lights are not amber or failing could anyone shed some light on this.

Here are some screenshots

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XVqK6jXMHjpcvoKt9 

• 

8.4K Posts

June 18th, 2020 06:00

Torresfvr,

I would probably start with checking to see if any of the Physical Disks is having issues. Would you confirm under the Physical Disks page, if any of the drives are showing YES under Predicted Failure?

Also, if you have the ability to take the server out of production you can run diagnostics on the drives. 

Lastly, if you let me know the part number for the drive, I can see what I can find as far as updates. 

Let me know.

• 

8.4K Posts

June 18th, 2020 13:00

Would you confirm if the Virtual Disk is maxed out on space?

13 Posts

June 18th, 2020 13:00

Hi Chris, many thanks for getting back

So i've added more photos of the physical drives and firmware versions:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XVqK6jXMHjpcvoKt9

That's just it there is no predictive failure and I can take it out of production due to it being a file server. We have backups which is not an issue but no spare server. I know there is no hot spare policy on but was hoping for an least an idea of which one is causing the problem if any. Please see the physical drives - maybe there is a firmware update for it? 

Thanks again!

13 Posts

June 18th, 2020 15:00

Hi Chris, not maxed out OS has 350GB and DATA has 3.5TB Free

Cheers

• 

3.1K Posts

June 18th, 2020 20:00

Hello,

I don't see any firmware release for the drive on R420, it's probably not required for updates. Though, I found the updates for the drive in storage products. We'll probably use that as the last resort. 

In virtual disk view, does it state any remarks or status of why it's degraded?

If not, is it possible for you to run a SupportAssist log and upload it via iDRAC? 

13 Posts

June 21st, 2020 10:00

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for getting back.. I was onsite yesterday. There is fault on drive 2! should have realized its not being picked up at all. I have ordered a replacement and update here by end of the week.

Thanks again

No Events found!