Highlighted
clawcity
Bronze

PowerEdge 2800 SCSI Drivers

G'day, I'm trying to install Windows XP on an old PowerEdge 2800 but I can't find SCSI RAID drivers.

0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: PowerEdge 2800 SCSI Drivers

XP is a workstation OS so it isn't supported on the servers. This is the Windows Server 2003 driver. It will be your best bet in getting the OS installed.

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Let me know how it goes.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
clawcity
Bronze

Loaded them onto a floppy disk and tried loading them during setup. Didn't work i'm afraid.

0 Kudos
tommo666
Platinum

you could try using nlite to integrate the drivers into the XP cd.

0 Kudos
tommo666
Platinum

0 Kudos
clawcity
Bronze

Still no luck. We're using a bunch of 3rd party server functions but not any actual Windows Server features so we planned to use a less resource intensive OS. Looks like we'll just have to install Server 2008.

0 Kudos
clawcity
Bronze

I managed to get Server 2008 installed. But now device manager is showing missing drivers for 2 SCSI controllers and the driver download page for the 2800 has no Server 2008 drivers for this.

0 Kudos
theflash1932
Diamond

Yes, it does.  Did you install in RAID mode? or in SCSI mode?  Boot to the BIOS Setup F2, Integrated Devices, Embedded RAID ... is it set to RAID Enabled or SCSI Enabled?

If SCSI, what is the VEN and DEV ID's for the SCSI devices (right-click device, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids)?

0 Kudos
clawcity
Bronze

It's in RAID, Channel A RAID, Channel B SCSI.

The only drivers on the download page for Server 2008 R2 or Server 2008 x64 is LSI-LOGIC_MULTI-DEVICE_A00_R227150.exe. When I choose update driver and browse to the extracted contents of this I get "unable to find driver".

0 Kudos
theflash1932
Diamond

What are the VEN and DEV ID's for the SCSI devices (right-click device, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids)?

0 Kudos