theflash1932
5 Iridium

Re: PowerEdge 2900 (and 2950) with PERC 5i - expand Raid 5

Jump to solution

You must first install OpenManage Server Administrator in Windows, then the instructions are step-by-step and simple to follow ... instructions won't make sense without the software.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
beyeneabdu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I installed OMSA but when I try to Run the Server administrator it will ask me to enter USERNAME and PASSWORD but I did not enter Password when I installed the WIN 2003. I just enter username, product ID, Workgroup, Organization,

So how I can pass this LogIn interface?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
npdave
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You login using the local machine administrator account.  If this is a domain server, you can also login using a domain admin account.

0 Kudos
beyeneabdu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It is not Domain member. I tried with local account and It is not login with local machine account . The local Machine username is Administrator and has no Password. Please tell me if you have other means.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
npdave
1 Copper

Jump to solution

You would be best to set a password and try again.  There's no reason for a server to not have a password.  It may be that the login URL just won't accept a blank password.

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Just like many things in Windows (like Remote Desktop),  you cannot have a blank password to login to OMSA.  Create a password for Administrator, then log in.

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Also ... put your local machine, port 1311 in IE's Intranet Zone, and it should automatically login, unless you disabled that feature.

0 Kudos
beyeneabdu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Now I can login by doing what you said !!  But when logged in I can not see Storage, PERC. I can only see System on the left side and Health Summary,asset information etc on top bar.  Where do I find Storage Management?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Run the OMSA installation again (C:\Openmanage\windows\setup.exe) and choose Custom and make sure that Storage Management (and all sub-features) is checked to be installed.  If it already is installed, you likely need to update your system firmware (BIOS, ESM/BMC, RAID) for Storage Management to pick up the storage devices.  

0 Kudos
beyeneabdu
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you !!!  thanks for the creation of Internet !!  every thing have became OKKKKKKK!

Live Long!!

kind Regards

0 Kudos