Highlighted
1 Copper

PowerEdge T110 Server HDD configs using PERC S100

Current:

PowerEdge T110 Server using PERC S100

2 x 500Gb SATA WD HDD's configured for RAID 1.

Windows Server 2008 R2, 64bit.

Upgrade HDD:

Add 2 x new 2TB SATA HDD's to PERC S100r, configure new RAID 1 Array.

Instructions to help me. How to create a new Array 2 hdd 2Tb without affecting the current array.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: PowerEdge T110 Server HDD configs using PERC S100

Current:

hell Dell.pnghell Dell2.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

May I know if you have connected the drives? I'm not seeing 4 drives on the screenshot. 

Could you check if the S100 detects the drive at it's controller BIOS, that's when you can access to it during boot up, Ctrl-R. Also, the drives Dell drives, if not it may cause some errors like not able to be detected. 

Also, could you check if you have updated the S100's firmware. Before you proceed with any configuration, remember to do a full data backup. 

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Joey Chong,

I need help with the steps to upgrade to 2 new 2TB hard drives. Because I am not sure, I have not attached 2 new hard drives to the server.

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi,

First, you probably would need the user guide in handy: https://dell.to/3fFXuee

Referring to this page 15, Figure.4 https://dell.to/3fGMhKB are you able to verify if the drive power cable and SATA cables are similar to yours. 

Connect the power cable and SATA cables to your drives. 

From OMSA, use the Create Virtual Disk Wizard to create another array for the system to detect.

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos