Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 13th, 2015 15:00

PowerEdge T20 raid 1 and 2008 r2

Hi, i have problem with installing server 2008 r2 on PowerEdge T20 server

I have 2 HDDs WD 1Tb, and make raid 1.

when i installing server 2008 r2, i don`t have any problems or errors with this.

after installing server, system going to reboot, and give me error "no boot device found"

if i choice in bios AHCI mode, everything is ok and server runs.

I think problem with "Raid on" mode, and i don`t know how fix it, help me please. 

3 Posts

April 15th, 2015 02:00

Hi all,

Problem solved, with 2 WD HDDs and "Raid on" mode

I`m installing windows server 2008 r2 in UEFI mode, after this system beginning normal boot from raid(mirror). 

• 

8.4K Posts

April 14th, 2015 08:00

UK-Mike,

It sounds like there is indeed an issue with the settings. When you boot the server currently, with a RAID 1 Mirror configuration it should display a message, as illustrated below,  just after the Dell logo screen during POST. Are you seeing the Raid 1 you configured in the Raid Volumes section?

If so, is the Status showing as Normal, like it does in the picture? If not, what is shown?

If it shows nothing below the Raid Volumes, then the array hasn't been configured. To ensure that the system is in in Raid Enabled Mode, follow the instructions below.

1. Enter System Setup by F2 when you see DELL logo after starting the computer.
  2. Select System Configuration, and press .
  3. Select SATA Operation.
  4. Press key and then select the RAID On button. Click Apply.
  5. If the setting was changed from RAID AHCI or ATA to RAID On, a pop-up window displays. If the pop-up window displays, select 'Yes'. If the setting didn't change, the pop-up window will not display. 
  6. Press or select Exit. If prompted 'Are you sure you want to exit?' Select 'Yes'

After that then you can access the CTRL-I and configure the 2 drives. 

Let me know if any of this helps, or if I am misunderstanding what you are seeing.

3 Posts

April 14th, 2015 08:00

Hi Dell-Chris H, thank for yours answer.

Yes, my Raid have normal status like in a picture, in BIOS choice "Raid on" mode.

Today i test  server with two other HDDs, Seagate 1Tb and everything is ok.

after install server 2008 r2, system going reboot and boot from raid. i don`t have problem with this HDDs.

I think problem with Compatibility Intel® RAID Controller and Western Digital HDDs. 

2 Posts

December 6th, 2019 01:00

Because a disk failed at first, a disk of the same model size was replaced and displayed as follows after configuration: After that then you can access the CTRL-I and configure the 2 drives.  Disk status shows rebuild. Let the CTRL +I interface after the rest of the night. Still rebuild state

November 18th, 2023 07:53

Hi, 

We are facing problem Raid 1 degraded error dell PowerEdge t20 server.

It is applicable for one normal HDD and one SSD. 

• 

3.6K Posts

19-11-2023 10:23 PM

Hello thanks for choosing Dell.

You can not mix those two, I'm afraid.

Respectfully,

Professionnel des médias sociaux et des communautés
#IWork4Dell

No Events found!