Highlighted
1 Copper

PowerEdge T20 server - hard disk error

Hi,

I tried to post earlier and I got an error message. Please excuse me, if it is a repost.

I have a Dell PowerEdge T20 with 3.5" 1 TB SATA HDD. This morning, it started giving me the "no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine" error.
I went into the settings and ran a diagnostics test on it. I am getting the below error message on hard disk:

"Fail PSA V4228 Error 2000:0150. hard Drive - No Hard Drive detected or disk controller not supported".

Can you please help me fix the issue. Let me know if you need more details from me.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: PowerEdge T20 server - hard disk error

I would appreciate if anyone can help me regarding this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Vijay11,

Did anything occur prior to seeing this, such as any updates or hardware changes?

Also, how was the server configured, such as raid configration and controller being used?

Let me know.

Chris Hawk

Dell | Social Outreach Services - Enterprise
Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro 
Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. There were no changes on the system after the initial purchase. It just started causing this problem since yesterday morning. I think it is RAID configuration. Let me know if you want me to go to BIOS settings and take any screen shot to share with you.

Thanks,

Vijay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you could would you do a screenshot of the controller, both the Physical Disks page and the Virtual Disk page. Also, would you clear the hardware log and rerun the diagnostics, as the error you listed previously is due to it seeing the error in the log, not due to current issue.

Chris Hawk

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

I might need more help here. Could you help me how to reach to the controller setting to take the pictures of the Physical Disks and the Virtual Disk page. How would I clear the hardware log? Any steps would really help. Appreciate that.

Thanks,

Vijay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

The log you would do by hitting F2 at boot to access the BIOS, then one of the last options is System Log, you should see Clear in there. 

For the disk pages, hit Ctrl R at the S130 prompt after power on, from there you can see View Physical Disk details and any Virtual Disk configuration is there as well. 

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

I cleared the system log and ran the diagnostics again. When I initiated the diagnostics, it promoted saying "No hard disk found. Would you want to continue the test" and I clicked Yes. It went through the diagnostics and I am attaching the screen shot after that.

To get the screen shot of the disk pages, I didn't understand S130 prompt to hit ctrl+R...sorry. What is S130 prompt? When I start my computer, I hit F12 to go to diagnostics settings. Do I hit anything else to go to S130 prompt? Please advise.

Thanks,
Vijay.

IMG_3903.jpgIMG_3905.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

You would proceed past where you're hitting the F12, as seen below.

s130 ctrl r prompt.jpg

Chris Hawk

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

Once I go past F12, it is just the diagnostics screen and doing ctrl+R doesn't do anything. Doing ctrl+R any other scenario would just take me to "No boot device" error message. Attached are both the screen shots. I am sure I am missing something obvious and my apologies for that.

Thanks,

Vijay.

image0 (2).jpegimage0 (3).jpeg

0 Kudos