Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

12 Posts

April 28th, 2020 08:00

PowerEdge T20 server - hard disk error

Hi,

I tried to post earlier and I got an error message. Please excuse me, if it is a repost.

I have a Dell PowerEdge T20 with 3.5" 1 TB SATA HDD. This morning, it started giving me the "no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine" error.
I went into the settings and ran a diagnostics test on it. I am getting the below error message on hard disk:

"Fail PSA V4228 Error 2000:0150. hard Drive - No Hard Drive detected or disk controller not supported".

Can you please help me fix the issue. Let me know if you need more details from me.

12 Posts

April 28th, 2020 19:00

I would appreciate if anyone can help me regarding this issue. Thanks.

• 

8.4K Posts

April 29th, 2020 04:00

Vijay11,

Did anything occur prior to seeing this, such as any updates or hardware changes?

Also, how was the server configured, such as raid configration and controller being used?

Let me know.

12 Posts

April 29th, 2020 17:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. There were no changes on the system after the initial purchase. It just started causing this problem since yesterday morning. I think it is RAID configuration. Let me know if you want me to go to BIOS settings and take any screen shot to share with you.

Thanks,

Vijay.

• 

8.4K Posts

April 30th, 2020 04:00

If you could would you do a screenshot of the controller, both the Physical Disks page and the Virtual Disk page. Also, would you clear the hardware log and rerun the diagnostics, as the error you listed previously is due to it seeing the error in the log, not due to current issue.

12 Posts

April 30th, 2020 10:00

Hi Chris,

I might need more help here. Could you help me how to reach to the controller setting to take the pictures of the Physical Disks and the Virtual Disk page. How would I clear the hardware log? Any steps would really help. Appreciate that.

Thanks,

Vijay.

• 

8.4K Posts

April 30th, 2020 12:00

The log you would do by hitting F2 at boot to access the BIOS, then one of the last options is System Log, you should see Clear in there. 

For the disk pages, hit Ctrl R at the S130 prompt after power on, from there you can see View Physical Disk details and any Virtual Disk configuration is there as well. 

12 Posts

April 30th, 2020 19:00

Hi Chris,

I cleared the system log and ran the diagnostics again. When I initiated the diagnostics, it promoted saying "No hard disk found. Would you want to continue the test" and I clicked Yes. It went through the diagnostics and I am attaching the screen shot after that.

To get the screen shot of the disk pages, I didn't understand S130 prompt to hit ctrl+R...sorry. What is S130 prompt? When I start my computer, I hit F12 to go to diagnostics settings. Do I hit anything else to go to S130 prompt? Please advise.

Thanks,
Vijay.

IMG_3903.jpgIMG_3905.jpg

• 

8.4K Posts

May 1st, 2020 04:00

You would proceed past where you're hitting the F12, as seen below.

s130 ctrl r prompt.jpg

12 Posts

May 2nd, 2020 13:00

Hi Chris,

Once I go past F12, it is just the diagnostics screen and doing ctrl+R doesn't do anything. Doing ctrl+R any other scenario would just take me to "No boot device" error message. Attached are both the screen shots. I am sure I am missing something obvious and my apologies for that.

Thanks,

Vijay.

image0 (2).jpegimage0 (3).jpeg

12 Posts

May 5th, 2020 06:00

Hi Chris,

Can you please help me with next instructions to reach the S130 screen as you mentioned. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Vijay.

• 

8.4K Posts

May 5th, 2020 06:00

If you access the BIOS, what are you seeing under SATA Operation?

• 

3.1K Posts

May 7th, 2020 18:00

Hi,

Could you please edit covering your service tag on your last photo, it's containing your private info.

Can you do a screenshot on the in the BIOS, System Configuration, Drives. 

12 Posts

May 7th, 2020 18:00

Hi Chris,

Attached are some of the screen shots of the BIOS settings. Let me know if you want me to go to any particular setting to take more screen shots.

Thank you very much for your patience in helping me out.

Thanks,
Vijay.

IMG_3912.jpgIMG_3913.jpgIMG_3914.jpg

12 Posts

May 10th, 2020 14:00

Hi Joey,

Thanks for letting me know about the previous screen shots. I have deleted them. Hope, it's not out to the public. Here is the screen shots of the drives setting under system configuration.

Thanks,
Vijay.

IMG_3924.jpg

• 

3.1K Posts

May 11th, 2020 01:00

Hi,

Could you open the server to check the drive cabling? Can you make sure if the cables are properly seated, better if you can remove and connect the drive cable, and the power cable to the drive too. 

Could you private message us the server service tag, either to me and Chris; the case owner. 

No Events found!