Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2016 06:00

PowerEdge T300 raid support

Hello, I recently purchased a PowerEdge T300 from ebay which I was hoping to use as a NAS box, it came with a raid card pre installed, a Dell™ Serial-Attached SCSI 6/iR card , however I am having some issues setting it up.

I understand that I need to press CTRL+R at startup to access the window where I can configure the 4 HHDs that I have connected but I am never asked to press CTRL+R I have tried to continually press it through the boot process but nothing happens and the computer attempts to boot into the OS as usual.

I have also checked in the BIOS and cannot see anything related to RAID.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 27th, 2016 10:00

Hello.

I understand that I need to press CTRL+R at startup to access the window where I can configure the 4 HHDs that I have connected but I am never asked to press CTRL+R I have tried to continually press it through the boot process but nothing happens and the computer attempts to boot into the OS as usual.

You will have to press Ctrl +C during POST, when you get into the Dell splash screen in order to enter the controller BIOS. There is an easier way to configure RAID using OPenManage Server Administrator (OMSA). See link: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=0P26M 

I have also checked in the BIOS and cannot see anything related to RAID

RAID set up information is not available in the system BIOS. You will have to enter the controller BIOS using the Ctr +C utility or use OMSA.

2 Posts

June 28th, 2016 01:00

Hi, thanks of the reply, I can confirm that at the DELL post screen pressing ctrl+r does nothing,

I have just been experimenting again before posting this and found the option I am looking for

CTRL-C to run SAS Configuration Utility

However I see I can only create a mirror of 2 disks with hotswaps or stripe of up to 10 disks, are the no options for other configurations with this card?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 28th, 2016 08:00

How many Physical Drives do you have installed? Ensure the controller firmware is up to date.

No Events found!